Sign in Problem_Esri Maps for Office 2.1

09-27-2013 01:49 AM
karraralrais
New Contributor
Hi ,

I installed Esri Maps for office v. 2.1 and try to log in using my account on AGOL ( I am the administrator of my organization subscription) but I got failure told me that I should contact my organization subscription administrator !

can you advise please .

Thanks,
Karrar
0 Kudos
6 Replies
EdwinHill
New Contributor
I am also having Sign in issues related to ESRI Maps for Office 2.1 which is disappointing because I am using a trial version to evaluate using this product in the future. My issues is a little bit different than the user above. I do not get a message error but when I attempt to sign in to the product from PowerPoint or Excel the sign in window pops up and quickly disappears making it impossible to sign in. After clicking the sign in option multiple times, it now opens but just hangs without loading the options to sign in...please reference the image below. Can someone please address this issue before my evaluation period ends?

Very Respectfully,

Ed Hill
Groupware Engineer
Herman Miller Inc.
0 Kudos
hanjun
by
New Contributor
Hi ,

I installed Esri Maps for office v. 2.1 and try to log in using my account on AGOL ( I am the administrator of my organization subscription) but I got failure told me that I should contact my organization subscription administrator !

can you advise please .

Thanks,
Karrar

Hi Karrar,

I think there maybe 2 possible reasons for your condition:

1) check the url of the ArcGIS Connection, if the value is www.arcgis.com (if you use the Portal site, it should be input for that url)
2) Sign in your account on AGOL and see your orgnization's status.

This message always pop up when your trial time is out of date and your organization is expired. You can just try to order another account to check.

Hope this is help for you.

Metoto
0 Kudos
hanjun
by
New Contributor
I am also having Sign in issues related to ESRI Maps for Office 2.1 which is disappointing because I am using a trial version to evaluate using this product in the future. My issues is a little bit different than the user above. I do not get a message error but when I attempt to sign in to the product from PowerPoint or Excel the sign in window pops up and quickly disappears making it impossible to sign in. After clicking the sign in option multiple times, it now opens but just hangs without loading the options to sign in...please reference the image below. Can someone please address this issue before my evaluation period ends?

Very Respectfully,

Ed Hill
Groupware Engineer
Herman Miller Inc.

Hi Ed

I'm not sure but it seems like the connection with the ArcGIS Server is not fluency. It may cause the Network speed, or some old system (like XP, Vista with IE6) since the Sign In page is create with Javascript.

Metoto
0 Kudos
MuhammadWaqar_ul_islam
New Contributor III

hey all

I have installed arcgis portal and server 10.2.2, also installed esri map for office but unfortunately unable to connect to the office, connection string is also correct, In one of the link of help content of esri mention how to connect with 10.2.2 but no link is found related Portal_102_Resources_for_EM4O_30.zip

Working with Portal—Esri Maps for Office | ArcGIS

1. Download the Esri Maps for Office Resources for Portal for ArcGIS 10.2.2 or prior zip file (Portal_102_Resources_for_EM4O_30.zip) from the same location you downloaded Esri Maps for Office and extract the contents.

any other way to resolve this issue

regards

0 Kudos
MatthiasBolkart
Esri Contributor

Hey Mohammad,

I just came across your post. You can download the Portal_102_Resources_for_EM4O_30.zip here: ArcGIS Online | Download Esri Maps for Office

This ZIP-File is intended to be used with Esri Maps for Office 3.0 and Portal 10.2.2 for ArcGIS or prior versions.

Regards,

Matthias

0 Kudos
MuhammadWaqar_ul_islam
New Contributor III

thanks for link

0 Kudos