SharePoint Site Owner cannot access page with webpart

02-06-2013 12:14 AM
ClaireTunnicliffe
New Contributor
We have installed the ArcGIS webpart on our SharePoint 2010 Foundation server and I am able to add the webpart to a new page on the site.  Myself and site collection administrators can all see the webpart and interact with it.  However site owners cannot see the webpart or even access the page with the webpart installed.  They are getting an access denied error.  If I remove the webpart from the page the site owner is able to access the page OK.  Any thoughts on what might have gone wrong?

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JustinRodriguez
Occasional Contributor
Hello,
I have seen this issue caused when the ArcGIS Site is listed below another site that the ownder doesn't have access to.

Top Site
  |
   - Site1    No User Access
  |
   - ArcGIS Site   User Access

Basically I would suggest putting ArcGIS in its own container where it is the top site, set the security, and see if that solves the issue. If it does, then investigate the permissions on the other sites.

I hope that helps
0 Kudos
JoshuaWhitaker
New Contributor
... Basically I would suggest putting ArcGIS in its own container where it is the top site, set the security, and see if that solves the issue. If it does, then investigate the permissions on the other sites.

I hope that helps

We are having a similiar issue with version 3.0 running on SP Foundation 2010.  What do you mean by "putting ArcGIS in its own container"?  Did this help or resolve the issue?
0 Kudos