Problems calling a secured locator service from a workflow

06-07-2011 08:53 AM
RickThiel
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

Recently we created our own locator service on ArcGIS server and it works fine when I run it directly in a web browser. Note: our AGS server has security enabled, and the Windows authentication is obviously working fine.

BUT, when I try to call that home-built locator service from a Geocoding workflow in SharePoint I get this error: "Your WorkFlow failed: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.. System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized"

When I use the ESRI North America address locator service in the browser, I do NOT see any of the 401 challenge/response in the Fiddler logs. It just simply does a 200 post/get and it all works fine. The ESRI NA locator service is obviously unsecured and it works great in SharePoint too.

I did some reading online and the it appears that all SharePoint workflows run as the SHAREPOINT/system account, and NOT as the logged in user. That is probably why I cannot use the secured service. Does anyone have tips for how to call a secured service from SharePoint?

Thanks, --Rick
0 Kudos
0 Replies