Maps disappear after adding new item (SharePoint 2010)

06-30-2014 05:22 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: gardneb3

So I created a custom list, loaded that list into a Web Part of a page, but then when I click on "Add new Item" for that list it brings up a Esri Map Web Part automatically in the edit window and I have the option to add data etc. and then save the item. But why is there automatically a Esri Map Web Part in the item edit window? Is there an option in settings somewhere that is causing this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35002[/ATTACH]

Furthermore, when I save the new item it shows up listed on my page, but when I click on that item there is no map shown. See below. I tried this in and out of Edit mode.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35001[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: katydalton

Hello Ben,

Could you please tell me the version you are currently using? Is it Esri Maps for SharePoint 4.0 Beta 1? Did you download it from the Esri Beta Community? And can you tell me (or send a screenshot) the settings you have for EsriMapsWebRoot and the ArcGISConnection? You can find those values by navigating to Site Actions>Site Settings and then under Esri Maps for SharePoint Administration click Esri Maps Configuration Settings. If you do not wish to display that information in this thread, you can send me an email via the forum.

Thanks,
Katy
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Our main admin thinks we're using version 2.1.1. Perhaps we should upgrade.

Here's info on my Esri Maps Configuration Settings:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35051[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos