Location types for Road Data for Esri Maps for Office

12-30-2013 06:33 AM
BimalAdhikari_GISP
New Contributor II
Hi, I tried to load my City's Road Data into esri Maps for Office Excel but I am having problem how to geocode the road data into office or it is only designed for Point and polygon data. I am wondering if any of our community member help on this issue.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SusanJones
Occasional Contributor II
I was having similar problems geocoding excel tables a few months ago. No response as yet from my forum posting.

One issue was tied up with failing to resolve the proxy from within excel when locating the geocoding service. Geocoding directly in Portal (ie through a browser) worked no problems.

There doesn't seem to be a way for saving and reading proxy credentials in Microsoft Office as there is in a standard web (chrome, IE) browser.

Susan
0 Kudos
CarmaGerber
New Contributor
Hello

Not sure if you have had an answer on this.

At the moment, locators in EMfO are the same as the out of the box locators in desktop. You can map streets but you have to use the Esri standard locator styles. This means that if you are trying to map linear data against a single field it cant be done.

I am currently working on getting some answers on using custom locator STYLES in Esri Maps for Office. This would mean geocoding against your own geocoding service where you can leverage your own locator style.

Carma
0 Kudos