Esri Maps for office - change map frame size (i.e. make bigger?)

10-23-2013 08:06 AM
TimothieBiggs
New Contributor II
Hello -

I just installed Esri Maps for Office and succesfully made a map in Excel! I would like the map window to be a little bigger - but dragging the corners doesn't appear to work....?

Timothie
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichFaglier
New Contributor
Any response?
0 Kudos
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi guys -

Believe it or not you can use the edges to move the map and corners to re-size the map. Your cursor has to be within the dark grey border area. Unfortunately the cursor icon doesn't change to let you know you're in the right spot, so for now you just have to use trial and error to find the right spot. We recognize this lack of visual feedback combined with very small "grabbing" area is frustrating and we are already working on fixing this issue for the next release.

Thanks for your feedback, I hope this helps!
Scott
0 Kudos
YvonneMaher1
New Contributor II
The last post works for me but the information on the tutorial on the ESRI Maps for Office page at http://doc.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-office/help/resize-or-move-the-map.htm says that after clicking anywhere on the map you can hover the pointer over a corner or side of the map until it changes to the Resize cursor (diagonal or straight line with arrows on each end).  This does not work. I only found out how to do it by this post. Thanks.