Can't Insert Related List

11-10-2010 08:19 AM
PeterKasianchuk
New Contributor II
I've added the appropriate locations to my map, and also have a Shared List of associated information which I can relate by a code value - this will be a one-to-many relationship.  The "Insert Related List" is greyed-out.  Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RichZwaap
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Peter:

I'm not sure what you mean.  There are not any commands for inserting related lists that are part of ArcGIS Mapping for SharePoint.  Could you perhaps explain a bit more?
0 Kudos
PeterKasianchuk
New Contributor II
Under the Web Part Tools Options ribbon, there's a function called "Insert Related List" in the "Relationships" section.  I can't get it to work with a non-spatial list either.  It would be great to have a one-to-many function of some kind when a point is selected.
0 Kudos
RichZwaap
Occasional Contributor III
Ok, I see what you mean now.  The "Web Part Tools" tab is provided by the SharePoint infrastructure as part of a web part - this is not something that is specific to the Map Web Part.  Functionality specific to the Map Web Part is grouped under the "ArcGIS Map Web Part" tab.  So the "Insert Related List" button on the ribbon does not work with the Map Web Part.

Join functionality of the sort you're asking for is not there in the current version of the software, but it is something that we are considering for a future release.  It may be, however, that this functionality will only support one-to-one relationships to begin with.
0 Kudos
MattMcGuire
Occasional Contributor
Join functionality of the sort you're asking for is not there in the current version of the software, but it is something that we are considering for a future release.

It's nearly three years later, is there any update on this? I don't see anything in version 3.0 that would support this, but maybe I'm missing it.
0 Kudos
hanjun1
New Contributor
I'm not very clear about this question, but I think if you want to make the connectivity between the list and your web part, the function �??Web Part Connectivity" should help you. It's the new design in 3.0 and you can find the detail instruction from Help Online.
0 Kudos