Can I show SharePoint data within a folder

Jump to solution
01-08-2013 02:28 AM
StivenSkoklevski
New Contributor
Hi
Im using v2.1 of the ArcGIS for SharePoint webpart and SharePoint 2010 Enterprise.

I have a SharePoint list with 2 items where I have I have entered Longitude/Latitude coordinates. One of the items is in the root and the other is in a folder.
When I edit the items the coordinates resolve correctly within the ArcGIS Location column.
However when I add the SharePoint list to a map only the item in the root is displayed. The same applies when I view the table for this layer, this is, the item in the root is displayed and not the item in the folder.

I tried creating a view that doesnt show folders in the hope this may show me both items both got the same result, this is only the item in the root.

So can I show SharePoint data that is within a folder. If so, what am I missing.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello All,

Yes, I can confirm that this is a bug with the ArcGIS SharePoint Map Web Part. Items in folders should work, as you've pointed out. I'll add this to our internal bug queue.

Thanks,
Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
NickJohnson1
New Contributor
Do u need a different views for Folders & Files in Document Library???????
0 Kudos
StivenSkoklevski
New Contributor
Do u need a different views for Folders & Files in Document Library???????

Nick thanks for the reply.

Not focussing on the views at the moment (unless this is what I need to do in order to address my problem).

At the moment I can only show items that are within the root of my list. As soon as I create an item that is in a folder this item (the one within the folder) is not displayed on the webpart.

To recreate my problem:

1. Use a SharePoint list as the data source for you webpart.

2. Create a folder

3. Add an item to the root of the list (outside of the folder)

4. Add an item inside the folder

The question I have now is, can I show both of these items in the webpart and if so how?
0 Kudos
NickJohnson1
New Contributor
I did lot of finding for your query and got this. Try it, it may be useful for you.....

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee231579.aspx
0 Kudos
StivenSkoklevski
New Contributor
I did lot of finding for your query and got this. Try it, it may be useful for you.....

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee231579.aspx

Once again I apprciate your efforts.

However I believe my problem is with ArcGIS specifically and not SharePoint web parts in general.
0 Kudos
CarstenVock
New Contributor
Hello,
I am facing the same problem and I can reproduce this behavior.
Can someone from ESRI clarify if this is a known bug?
Thank you!

Carsten
0 Kudos
StivenSkoklevski
New Contributor
Hello,
I am facing the same problem and I can reproduce this behavior.
Can someone from ESRI clarify if this is a known bug?
Thank you!

Carsten

Carsten
Have you had any luck in finding a work around or received confirmation (one way or another) that this is a bug.
0 Kudos
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello All,

Yes, I can confirm that this is a bug with the ArcGIS SharePoint Map Web Part. Items in folders should work, as you've pointed out. I'll add this to our internal bug queue.

Thanks,
Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
CarstenVock
New Contributor
Hello,
thank you for replying to this. Good to know you addressed this too.
Do you have any idea if this will be fixed in the next release?
Thank you for a short reply.

-Carsten
0 Kudos
DimaStikut
New Contributor
Hello All,

Thanks,
Katy

Is there any update about this issue?
It's quite important since there is no workaround.

Dima
0 Kudos