ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint (Office365) configuration.

03-29-2019 04:35 AM
JustynaKobyka
New Contributor II

Hi.

I want to configurate The ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint.

I follow the official Esri instruction: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-sharepoint/office-365/install-and-configure/configure-maps-for-sh....

When I try to do this step from instruction: Access ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint app configuration, the app configuration page doesn't open. Insted of opens  the page with information about this add-in .( any confoguration options or information on it). - screen1

So when i try to add a workflow  i got alert: ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint is not configured. Ask the site collection administrator to complete ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint Configuration.- screen2

And another alert after choosing the link from first alert: You don't have access to the ArcGIS Maps app configuration page. -screen3

I'm the global administrator of SharePoint so i should have permission.

Am i doing something wrong?

Any ideas?

Thanks 

Justyna

3 Replies
NickFosbery
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm fairly sure you have to set your user as a 'Site Collection Administrator' to be able to configure it - this is separate from being the site admin. Under Site Settings > Users and Permissions > Site Collection Administrators you should be able to add your username in and then be able to configure the ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint

Thanks

Nick

JustynaKobyka
New Contributor II

Hi. My account wasn't listed to Site Collection Administrators. I used your instruction and add account to the Site Collection Administrators  and I configurated ArcGIS Maps app but still when i try to add workflow I get alert :

"ArcGIS credentials

Credentials are required to author ArcGIS maps and use the ArcGIS Maps Locate workflow."

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

You have to enter those credentials in the site admin page for the arcGIS for SharePoint app.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos