Application Sign In

01-30-2014 07:35 AM
JessB
by
New Contributor
Hello,

Where can I get more information on application sign-in which is mentioned as one pattern for authentication.

I'm assuming this means all our SAP users wouldn't need ArcGIS online accounts?

Thanks!

JB
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KatherineFitzgerald
New Contributor III
Hi there

Yes, your assumption is right. You need a valid ArcGIS account, but this login method uses a single ArcGIS account for all your users. As administrator, you'll have to specify the account and password in the settings.js file.

Users will be automatically logged into the platform when they run a map-enabled dashboard.

You'll find details about the administrative and configuration settings here http://location-analytics.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-sap-bobj/install-and-configure/administrative-and-l....

I hope this helps.
-Kathie
0 Kudos
DanielWołowik
New Contributor II
Hi,

does it mean that I need ArcGIS Online subscription for only 1 user? Or if I have for example 20 SAP users I need ArcGIS Online subscription for 20 users?

Thanks
Daniel
0 Kudos
ScottMasson
New Contributor
Hi Daniel,

Although you can configure a single user account for the communication between Esri Maps for SAP BusinessObjects and ArcGIS, you would need an account for every user accessing reports that contain an Esri map. The ability to configure a single user account is for end user convenience (ie they don't need to provide authentication credentials every time they access a report) but there is a paper license in effect that requires consumers of the reports to be licensed users.

Scott
0 Kudos