An invalid ArcGIS Portal URL was entered. Please verify the URL.

02-01-2014 08:39 AM
TomerSteinberg
New Contributor
Hi all,

i am using the add-on for Business objects dashboards. when trying to open the ESRI maps designer for Business objects dashboards i am getting the following error after i log in with my https://www.arcgis.com credentials:
An invalid ArcGIS Portal URL was entered. Please verify the URL.

does anyone have a clue?

thanks,

tomer.
0 Kudos
19 Replies
PeterCorlett
New Contributor
Hi all,

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. I am using app authentication, and I am certain that the URL and user credentials in settings.js are correct. I am able to access ArcGIS Online via a browser but I get this error when I launch the Esri maps designer.

The organisation's proxy requires authentication. Where in the proxy settings for EM4 BOBJ do I enter the credentials required by the proxy server?

Is there some documentation available for recommended or supported firewall and proxy configurations for EM4 BOBJ? The online help seems to be incomplete in this area.

Thanks.

Pete.
0 Kudos
RajeshKumar2
New Contributor

Hey Pete,

Did you get this issue resolved? I am trying to enable the web proxy with authentication.

Please give me the details.

Cheers

Raj

0 Kudos
DanielSieger
Esri Contributor
The following is the correct URL to the page.
http://location-analytics.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-sap-bobj/install-and-configure/administrative-and-l...

The previous URL was an ESRI Internal only version of the documentation which is why it would not load and appeared broken.
0 Kudos
DanielSieger
Esri Contributor
Thank you, however we had tried just that and the map designer still opens ArcGIS Online and asks the user to sign in to ArcGIS Online.  The link in the post above is broken when I try to access that site.  So we switched our setup back to ArcGIS online settings and now we can publish to ArcGIS Online but we cannot view the map/data within the dashboard.....we have not had much success in trying to set this up, unfortunately.  Also, one user can sign in successfully to ArcGIS Online through the mapping tool, but another user cannot.  Any feedback on any of these issues is greatly appreciated.  Thanks again.

This is the correct URL to the documentation.
http://location-analytics.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-sap-bobj/install-and-configure/administrative-and-l...

The previous URL was an internal URL.
0 Kudos
ShirleyBaffoe
Esri Contributor
Thank you, however we had tried just that and the map designer still opens ArcGIS Online and asks the user to sign in to ArcGIS Online.  The link in the post above is broken when I try to access that site.  So we switched our setup back to ArcGIS online settings and now we can publish to ArcGIS Online but we cannot view the map/data within the dashboard.....we have not had much success in trying to set this up, unfortunately.  Also, one user can sign in successfully to ArcGIS Online through the mapping tool, but another user cannot.  Any feedback on any of these issues is greatly appreciated.  Thanks again.

Hello Allison,

Are you still experiencing problems with your setup? Are you able to respond to private messages? If you are still having issues, I will need details about your environment in order to troubleshoot further and I do not think it is wise to do so over the public forum. I sent you a private message a week ago. Kindly confirm if you received it and if you are able to provide the information I requested. If you did not receive it kindly send me a private message and I will respond.

Thank you
Shirley
0 Kudos
RajeshKumar2
New Contributor

Hi Shirley,

We are testing the ESRI plugin with SAP BOBJ server. We are receiving the same error message

ArcGIS Portal URL

An invalid ArcGIS Portal URL was entered. Please verify the URL

Waiting for your response.

Cheers

0 Kudos
ArjunKT
New Contributor
Hi all,

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. I am using app authentication, and I am certain that the URL and user credentials in settings.js are correct. I am able to access ArcGIS Online via a browser but I get this error when I launch the Esri maps designer.

The organisation's proxy requires authentication. Where in the proxy settings for EM4 BOBJ do I enter the credentials required by the proxy server?

Is there some documentation available for recommended or supported firewall and proxy configurations for EM4 BOBJ? The online help seems to be incomplete in this area.

Thanks.

Pete.

Hi Peter,
            I left the Serverurl "" in settings.js file as blank then it worked out for me now I can log in .
0 Kudos
RajeshKumar2
New Contributor

Hi Shirley,

We are testing the ESRI plugin with SAP BOBJ server. We are receiving the same error message

ArcGIS Portal URL

An invalid ArcGIS Portal URL was entered. Please verify the URL

Waiting for your response.

Cheers

0 Kudos
ShirleyBaffoe
Esri Contributor

Hello Rajesh,

The message means there is have an error in your settings.js configuration file (which is located in <Tomcat installation directory>\webapps\em4bobj\dashb\configuration\settings.js). Verify that you have entered the correct portal/ArcGIS online URL for the arcgisUrl property field. The settings in the file should look like this

arcgisUrl: "[URL to ArcGIS organization]",
//for example: "http://portalhost.esri.com",
arcgisAuthType: "user", // or "app"
arcgisAppUser: "",
arcgisAppPassword: "",
arcgisAppId: ""

For more information on configuring the authentication please refer to the documentation http://location-analyticsdev.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-sap-bobj/install-and-configure/configure-login-s...

If this doesn't help, kindly provide me with additional information to help me diagnose your problem.

1. Are you connecting to ArcGIS online or and on-premise portal?

2. Which ArcGIS authentication type are you using ? app or user 

NOTE: If you are using 'app' authentication, the arcgisAppId needs to be blank.

Hope this helps.
Shirley

0 Kudos
RajeshKumar2
New Contributor

Hi Shirley,

We are connecting the Arcgis portal online to the internet. We are using the “user” for arcgisAuthType. We are getting invalid_uri error

And also I would like to know how do we use the Webproxy server instead of opening the port on the firewall for SAP bobj servers.

We have set the settings as below, we have not configured/created the proxy.config file. And the Bobj server has been opened for port 80 and 443 to access the internet.

define();

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Rajesh

0 Kudos