Reference Layer missing from ArcGIS for Power BI

09-08-2018 05:46 AM
AndrewKeith3
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to add a public hosted feature service (polygon) from ArcGIS Online to the ArcGIS Maps for Power BI.  The layer is missing from My Folders and I cannot find the layer by searching Public content.   I can find the layer on ArcGIS Online by searching without being logged in.  Any ideas?  thanks.  Also, there are other missing layers than this one.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor

That's odd. One question - does the feature service have multiple layers in it? The ArcGIS Maps visual only supports single-layer feature services, so multi-layer feature services are filtered out from the list you see in Power BI. 

0 Kudos
AndrewKeith3
Occasional Contributor

The service has 3 layers published to ArcGIS Online.  I have tried adding the content with the index number to a specific layer of the service, but it could not find that either.  I would like to not have to publish a separate layer to just use in Power BI.  I have been able to this in a prior release of Power BI, where I could add the service(s) that I was mentioning above.  

0 Kudos
JamesMadden1
Occasional Contributor

We also encountered this issue with one of our public services.  We configured the service back in March 2018.  The service consists of multiple layers.  It was showing up in Power BI as a reference layer for a number of months.  We went to add in the layer the other day and it is no longer showing up.  The strange thing is the layer(s) still show in our older Power BI projects.  I guess we will have to use those as a template for the time being. 

@ScottBall - do you know if ESRI plans to support adding in multiple layers from either a single service or from multiple services.   

0 Kudos