Recent ArcGIS for Power BI login issue

Jump to solution
09-29-2021 05:29 PM
MarkWestergaard
New Contributor III

The recent 2021.1.91 update to ArcGIS for Power BI caused a login issue for me. The visual would prompt to "login below", but there was no login form to fill. I authenticate to my Enterprise server. I saw this post regarding CORS settings, ArcGIS for Power BI Maps not loading - Esri Community. I didn't have CORS settings on my Enterprise server, but I tried adding the recommended entries. That didn't change the behavior. I removed them and the ArcGIS for Power BI visual began presenting the login form and authenticating properly.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing that with us and we will explore this when we do some additional testing in the future. The CORS policy would allow or block access, so toggling it is a bit of a mystery and makes me wonder if something was cached somewhere along the line. 

If you run into any issues, please reach back out and post so we can help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
28 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interesting @MarkWestergaard 

So toggling the CORS policy fixed the issue?

Andrew

0 Kudos
MarkWestergaard
New Contributor III

I believe so. I had tried a couple of things prior to that (saving-closing-restarting, creating a new map visual), but toggling the CORS policy seemed to clear things up. I haven't experienced the issue since.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing that with us and we will explore this when we do some additional testing in the future. The CORS policy would allow or block access, so toggling it is a bit of a mystery and makes me wonder if something was cached somewhere along the line. 

If you run into any issues, please reach back out and post so we can help!

0 Kudos
MarkWestergaard
New Contributor III

I was thinking the same, or perhaps a coincidence. Thanks.

JohnMacLean
New Contributor

Can you help me figure out how to toggle the CORS policy?   I have been having this same problem on Power BI even after I downloaded the new version yesterday

0 Kudos
MarkWestergaard
New Contributor III

I followed the instructions in this link from the original post: 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-for-power-bi-questions/arcgis-for-power-bi-maps-not-loading/m-p...

I'm less inclined to think it was the solution now that I'm seeing the problem again and it hasn't helped this time around.

0 Kudos
MichailMarinakis1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all, 

I have exactly the same issue as above. But toggling the cors policy didn't fix it. We use an enterprise portal with IWA, and we don't have any value in the Allow Origins, i.e. we don't block any url.

Are there any updates on this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MarkWestergaard
New Contributor III

Take a look at this thread regarding clearing of cache and possible double installation of Power BI:

Power-Bi can't sign in to ArcGIS Online - Esri Community

MichailMarinakis1
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the reply!

I will definetely update my desktop PowerBI to the latest version but my issue is still occuring for the powerBI web application. I tried to connect to our ArcGIS Enterprise (IWA activated), not connecting via the webadaptor thus bypassing the SSO and... it works. So the CORS issue in the powerbi web app is somehow related with the IWA configuration. I remember that with older versions, this was not a problem. 

I am going to check with the latest version of PowerBI desktop.