PWBI ESRi custom visual doesn't render after filters are changed

09-12-2017 05:26 AM
ChristyTaddei
New Contributor III

Has anyone had an issue with ESRI Maps Custom Visual where you change filters after the initial display and are then unable to render the base maps? If so, do you have a recommendation or work around.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor

I haven't seen this problem - are you still experiencing it? If so, can you share a PBIX file that we at Esri could use to reproduce the issue?

ChristyTaddei
New Contributor III

Yes we are still experiencing this.  It is causing problems for our end users.  Our Analysis Servers are on premise so just send the PBIX file will not work.  Would you be able to join a remote meeting with us so we can show you the behavior?

0 Kudos
ChristyTaddei
New Contributor III

I do have some log files that we had sent to Microsoft about the problem that I can share.

0 Kudos
ChristyTaddei
New Contributor III

Microsoft told us it is a memory issue. We have had to break the reports in the pbix files into separate tabs by state.  It is becoming very clunky to use with our internal customers now asking for us to switch to GEO Cortex instead of this visual.

0 Kudos
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the update Christy. We have been concerned about memory usage for a while, and we have been working on re-writing the way the map retrieves and stores features to better address memory consumption issues. I don't have an ETA to announce for when this might be available, but we're hoping to include this in one of our next several releases. 

ChristyTaddei
New Contributor III

Hi Scott - thank you getting back with us.  We are looking forward to this being resolved and future enhancements.

0 Kudos
ChristyTaddei
New Contributor III

Hi Scott - just wondering if you have any update on this re-write.

0 Kudos
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christy - looks like the devs are working on it. It won't be a part of the November release, but it should be a part of the following release assuming no major bugs are found between now and then. 

ChristyTaddei
New Contributor III

Thank you for the follow up. We are very glad to hear that it is being worked on.

0 Kudos