publish to ArcGIS

Jump to solution
05-25-2021 10:50 AM
rootsmusic
New Contributor III

I've created an ESRI account, which is a standard account.  I don't have ArcGIS software.  Can I publish my .pbix file to somewhere on ArcGIS Online?  Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there rootmusic,

You have to have an ArcGIS Online organizational account to use the Publish to Web functionality. (https://doc.arcgis.com/en/power-bi/get-started/account-types.htm) Furthermore, you also have to meet a set of requirements listed here:

• You must be signed in to a valid ArcGIS account with the appropriate user type.
  • To create a map-enabled report in Power BI, you must be signed in to Power BI with a Pro or Premium account. Consumers do not need to be Power BI users to view published reports.
  • Power BI data used to create the ArcGIS for Power BI map must use latitude and longitude coordinates for locations. If the Location field well contains addresses or standard boundaries, publishing to the web will not work.
  • A published map can contain a maximum of 30,000 locations.
  • The map must not contain secure data. Maps with secure data cannot be published.
  • You must run the ArcGIS for Power BI publishing precheck before generating an embed code for the report.
  • Consumers cannot sign in to published reports.

Hope this helps!

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there rootmusic,

You have to have an ArcGIS Online organizational account to use the Publish to Web functionality. (https://doc.arcgis.com/en/power-bi/get-started/account-types.htm) Furthermore, you also have to meet a set of requirements listed here:

• You must be signed in to a valid ArcGIS account with the appropriate user type.
  • To create a map-enabled report in Power BI, you must be signed in to Power BI with a Pro or Premium account. Consumers do not need to be Power BI users to view published reports.
  • Power BI data used to create the ArcGIS for Power BI map must use latitude and longitude coordinates for locations. If the Location field well contains addresses or standard boundaries, publishing to the web will not work.
  • A published map can contain a maximum of 30,000 locations.
  • The map must not contain secure data. Maps with secure data cannot be published.
  • You must run the ArcGIS for Power BI publishing precheck before generating an embed code for the report.
  • Consumers cannot sign in to published reports.

Hope this helps!

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos