Problem with access to public basemap from my own organization

Jump to solution
04-23-2019 03:34 AM
RasmusKlog
New Contributor

Hi

In january I made a Power BI report containing an "Arcgis for Power BI" visual. I added points from a table, and I used a public basemap from my organization. After configuring the visual, I logged out and shared the project through powerbi.com. My collaborators could see the points and the basemap without logging in with an Arcgis Online account.

Today, shortly after the TLS-update, my Power BI project does not show the map visual correctly. When I open the project the visual chows a ESRI standard basemap. I have tried to log in, change the basemap, save the Power BI project and restart it. 

Have anybody seen something similar, and solved it?

Best regards

Rasmus Klog

Vejle Municipality, Denmark

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshJones2
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

The problem should now be resolved. If you clear your browser cache and reload Power BI, you should be able to see version 1.0.0.93 in production. If you are still experiencing issues after you've confirmed that you have version 1.0.0.93, please let us know as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Josh

View solution in original post

8 Replies
YoavRappaport
Occasional Contributor

Josh Jones‌ or Scott Ball‌  or Alagiri Venkatachal are you able to provide a work around. All the maps I made in Power BI and published with AGOL content are not working at this time, please provide instructions how to add a reference layer to the Esri visual from our AGOL account. We would like to use it for only our content and not public shared. Although even public shared content doesn't work. What is the procedure for bringing in our own published content.

0 Kudos
JoshJones2
New Contributor III

Hi Rasmus and Yoav!

We think we might know what caused the issue, and we're in the process of investigating and getting a fix in place. In the interim, can you please confirm the following to be true:

• Reports created in previous versions of ArcGIS Maps for Power BI do not now show their old base maps correctly.
  • You can sign in and add those base maps, but...
  • When you save and exit and reload the report, it reverts back to an Esri default base map.

If that is the behavior, we think we might have it figured out and hopefully we'll have it fixed shortly. Apologies for the inconvenience! 

Josh

0 Kudos
EricO_Neal1
New Contributor III

I would like to add that I have public feature service located here:  

https://services1.arcgis.com/79kfd2K6fskCAkyg/arcgis/rest/services/WTPInfluence/FeatureServer/0

that is visible in PowerBI desktop, but is no longer visible to users in a powerbi.com report.  (It has been visible previously.)

Eric

0 Kudos
JoshJones2
New Contributor III

Thanks Eric, that confirms my suspicions. We're working with Microsoft and will have this fixed shortly.

JoshJones2
New Contributor III

Hi everybody -

A quick update on this. We've identified the issue and we're working with Microsoft to get it fixed right now. We should have it fixed and updated within around an hour (at the time of writing, it is 12:40PM Pacific). Until the fix is live, please do not save updates to reports that contain the visual if possible. You will not lose any data that already exists in regard to your base map selections / reference layers / etc unless it is overwritten with defaults.

You will be able to manually verify that the update has arrived by checking the build number of the visual on your report. In the visual, hover over the Esri logo in the bottom right corner (as shown in the screenshot below) to see the current build number. If it shows "ArcGIS Maps for Power BI (version: 1.0.0.93)" then it has been updated. The version exhibiting the behavior described above is 1.0.0.89.

Josh

0 Kudos
JoshJones2
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

The problem should now be resolved. If you clear your browser cache and reload Power BI, you should be able to see version 1.0.0.93 in production. If you are still experiencing issues after you've confirmed that you have version 1.0.0.93, please let us know as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Josh

YoavRappaport
Occasional Contributor

Josh JonesAlagiri Venkatachal‌ We are experiencing strange behavior with disappearing layers when saving and very slow upload of layers. version: 1.0.0.95

0 Kudos
AlagiriVenkatachal
Esri Contributor

Hi Yoav,

Could you provide more details on your issue so we can understand what is happening?

What do you mean by slow upload of layers? What kinds of the layers are saving in the report/visual? Is this when you are trying to open a saved report? Is this an older report or a report that was created in v 1.0.0.95?

Thanks,

Alagiri

0 Kudos