Power BI - LSOA Polygons issue and graduated fills dependent on selections not working

09-01-2021 08:24 AM
AJW
by
New Contributor II

a) I have been using a number of dashboard reports with data mapped on top of LSOA areas.  When accessing reports today the selected areas no longer show the boundaries of the areas accurately but are  imprecise polygons crudely centred on the area.  A message appears saying "The accuracy of your locations can de improved...." which links to the settings but the options selected all appear correct.

b) Where I have used graduated fills based on the value of selections and these update dynamically as data is selected or filtered but this functionality appears to have stopped working as well.

These are well established reports that we are now no longer able to use to meet our needs.

6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you using DAX functions in the data matched to the polygons?

On a new tab in the report, if you add a new map will the data display as expected?

AJW
by
New Contributor II

Hi - no DAX involved.  Under 'Location Type' selecting boundaries/one country/United Kingdom/Lower Super Output Areas.    Up till today it displayed accurate boundary polygons based on standard LSOA Name.

I am unable to create a new map from the same data as wheel top right spins and get error message that failed to generate a map from the data.

This is very frustrating as mapping demographic data to LSOA is hugely useful.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @AJW If you put a new tab on the report, can you re-create the map with your data or do the boundaries never match no matter what?

Would you be able to send me a very basic dataset that demonstrates this? LSOA and 1 value per?

0 Kudos
AJW
by
New Contributor II

Hi Andrew - thanks for your attention.   Unfortunately I cannot recreate the map, I am variously being asked to login (I don't have account as make use of the native Arc GIS functionality embedded in PowerBI) or it fails to identify the LSOA name and visualisation hangs.  I will send simple dataset as requested.

0 Kudos
AJW
by
New Contributor II

Hi - basic data as requested 'LSOA_code' to go in 'Location' field.  regards

0 Kudos
MattJ0nes
New Contributor II

I'm having exactly the same problem - LSOA reports used to run fine, now they're broken with a mix of messages about location accuracy, even though the location data is good. Very frustrating and struggling to get a response from ESRI.

0 Kudos