Max number of records to show in the map view

Jump to solution
03-18-2019 08:03 PM
ChrisPedrezuela
Occasional Contributor III

Hi everyone,

Just want to confirm if I am using a non-licenced PowerBI desktop and ArcGIS Maps for PowerBI plugi-in (free), how many records can I actually render on the map from the PowerBI desktop?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshJones2
New Contributor III

Hey Chris,

I can't comment on the "non-licensed PowerBI desktop" piece, but as far as ArcGIS Maps for Power BI, there are a few different sets of limits depending on how you're using the software:

• If you are putting addresses on the map which require geocoding (i.e. "380 New York St., Redlands, CA") there is a limit of 1500 points. With a Plus subscription, this goes up to 5000 points.
  • If your points are expressed as lat/longs, you can put up to 30,000 points on the map with both the free version of the visual and the Plus subscription.

Hope this helps - let me know if you have other questions!

Josh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoshJones2
New Contributor III

Hey Chris,

I can't comment on the "non-licensed PowerBI desktop" piece, but as far as ArcGIS Maps for Power BI, there are a few different sets of limits depending on how you're using the software:

• If you are putting addresses on the map which require geocoding (i.e. "380 New York St., Redlands, CA") there is a limit of 1500 points. With a Plus subscription, this goes up to 5000 points.
  • If your points are expressed as lat/longs, you can put up to 30,000 points on the map with both the free version of the visual and the Plus subscription.

Hope this helps - let me know if you have other questions!

Josh

0 Kudos
SilvioMasimo
New Contributor

Our sales territories are based on zip codes and I am trying to build a zip code boundary map for this in Power BI / ArcGIS but I am having issues since I have about 15K zip codes in the the US.  Does anyone know what the limit would be for this?  I am currently using a temp license but would consider getting a full license if this was possible.  Does anyone have any suggestion or direction?

0 Kudos