Map is resetting to entire US view

08-08-2019 09:28 AM
SpencerGurley-Green
New Contributor

Hello Community -

The maps in my report have been automatically focusing just on the areas for which there are geocoded data points since I created them months ago.

However, all of a sudden, the map is resetting to the entire U.S., rather than the specific geographic area.

Were there any changes/updates in the last day that might have caused this? In either case, is there a way to have the map default to a certain area on each load?

I've attached a screenshot of how the map loads now.

Thank you!
Spencer

0 Kudos
7 Replies
YoavRappaport
Occasional Contributor

Spencer: We experienced the same issue on Power BI Desktop (Version: 2.70.5494.761 64-bit (June, 2019)). However at version 1.0.0.96 of the web Power BI that issue doesn't exist. Check that you are using the latest desktop version and if you're seeing this on the web.

0 Kudos
SpencerGurley-Green
New Contributor

Hello Yoav,

I'm currently using PowerBI version 2.71.5529.0 64-bit.

The same problem occurs when using the PowerBI Service on the web, but only in this document (i.e. other Power BI reports do not have this problem).

0 Kudos
YoavRappaport
Occasional Contributor

Spencer: I was only able to download PBI Version: 2.71.5523.941 64-bit (July, 2019), where did you find the newer version? The July version of desktop has issues, so its likely not hte desktop. Did you see that it is functioning on the Web?Josh Jones Scott Sandusky do you have any idea about this sudden behavior. In the past microsoft changed some setting and doesn't allow PBI to reach out to AGOL. 

0 Kudos
SpencerGurley-Green
New Contributor

The newer version automatically updated as I've allowed automatic software updates for Power BI.

The reports on the Power BI Service have the same problem - the map defaults to the entire U.S. view, rather than the area in which the datapoints are located.

0 Kudos
EricO_Neal1
New Contributor III

I posted a message here on the 7th with the same issues, also the heatmap no longer works.  My map is also zooming to the entire USA using PowerBI desktop newest version and previous version. (32 bit).

Is anyone from ESRI monitoring this?

0 Kudos
JonathanPollack1
New Contributor III

I also also posted a similar issue on the Aug.  15th (Map Extent and Basemap Persistence) have this issue. 

I also see that even after I zoom in to the desired area if I switch pages and return to map the map resets back to entire US.  Frustrating.

0 Kudos
EricO_Neal1
New Contributor III

I was able to fix this by downloading the most recent version of PowerBI, then removing any map controls and re-adding them. 

Of course, you will need to completely reconfigure the maps back as well, which is a pain...

0 Kudos