Select to view content in your preferred language

How to remove base map country names (referecen) in Power BI?

Jump to solution
12-04-2023 08:34 AM
ziuffor
New Contributor

Hi, I am new to ArcGis. I want to produce a world map without country name, so in ArcGIS online, I simply choose a base map (e.g. Light Grey Canvas), and untick the Refrence or even remove it.

ziuffor_0-1701707003139.png

My question is if I can do the same inside Power Bi? I couldn't find anywhere. Nor can i "import" a changed base map as a layer ("does not contain any operational layers").

Any tip?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @ziuffor,

Welcome to the ArcGIS World! Nice try! Thanks for your question!

"My question is if I can do the same inside Power Bi?"

- Currently, ArcGIS for Power BI doesn't support basemap configuration.

"Nor can i "import" a changed base map as a layer ("does not contain any operational layers")."

- If it doesn't contain any operational layers, it won't be added to ArcGIS for Power BI as a reference layer. See the screenshot below-

NaZhang_Esri_0-1701718591562.png

If you need to configure the basemap and bring in ArcGIS for Power BI, you will need to add the basemap to your ArcGIS organization. After you sign in with your ArcGIS account in ArcGIS for Power BI, go to Basemaps tool and you should be able to see and add the basemaps from your organization. 

Please let me know if you have any questions! Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @ziuffor,

Welcome to the ArcGIS World! Nice try! Thanks for your question!

"My question is if I can do the same inside Power Bi?"

- Currently, ArcGIS for Power BI doesn't support basemap configuration.

"Nor can i "import" a changed base map as a layer ("does not contain any operational layers")."

- If it doesn't contain any operational layers, it won't be added to ArcGIS for Power BI as a reference layer. See the screenshot below-

NaZhang_Esri_0-1701718591562.png

If you need to configure the basemap and bring in ArcGIS for Power BI, you will need to add the basemap to your ArcGIS organization. After you sign in with your ArcGIS account in ArcGIS for Power BI, go to Basemaps tool and you should be able to see and add the basemaps from your organization. 

Please let me know if you have any questions! Thank you!

0 Kudos