Have you experienced a choropleth map color ramp issue?

Jump to solution
04-23-2019 12:38 PM
JamesValenza
New Contributor

Layer symbology color ramp has changed on all of my maps.

Has anyone come across this problem? I have a project with multiple tabs and choropleth maps with each having different color ramps. When I viewed the report today all of the maps had changed to the following color ramp.To trouble-shoot I opened a brand new project and added two different maps on two tabs with different color ramps from the image above. When I iterated through the tabs the maps color ramps reverted that same color ramp. What is going on? This was not a problem on Monday 4/23, has there been any updates that could be the culprit?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshJones2
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Another update - the problem should now be resolved! If you clear your browser cache and reload Power BI, you should be able to see version 1.0.0.93 in production (hover over the Esri logo in the bottom right corner to verify this). If you are still experiencing issues after you've confirmed that you are on that build, please let us know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Josh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoshJones2
New Contributor III

Hi James,

We identified an issue with the Maps for Power BI visual that happened this morning which has caused persisted formatting data to disappear for people. The underlying data is still there, so please do not save your report with the default data to avoid losing it. We're currently working with Microsoft to push up a fix for this issue which should go live within the next hour (as of the time of writing, it's 12:40PM Pacific time). You'll be able to verify that you have the updated version by hovering over the Esri logo at the bottom right of the visual (see screenshot below). The version exhibiting the behavior is 1.0.0.89, and the fixed version is 1.0.0.93.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
JoshJones2
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Another update - the problem should now be resolved! If you clear your browser cache and reload Power BI, you should be able to see version 1.0.0.93 in production (hover over the Esri logo in the bottom right corner to verify this). If you are still experiencing issues after you've confirmed that you are on that build, please let us know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
JamesValenza
New Contributor

Problem is solved! Many thanks for the fix and the quickest response of all time!

0 Kudos
BenjaminDuchadeuil
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm still experiencing the same issue, when I save and quit PowerBI Desktop, and then relaunch it the settings are gone. This is also the case on the PowerBI Service, but seems to be more random. I verified that the visual version is 1.0.0.93.

0 Kudos
StevenDoherty
New Contributor III

Hi, I have update 1.0.0.95 on my machine and I still have the problem. I'm not sure if this matters but, I use an AGOL account with the visual.

Also, this may be unrelated but, I have two Pc's, one which I do my development work on and the other for presentation purposes. Although I'm using the same AGOL account on both, one displays all the Organisation reference layers while the other doesn't.

0 Kudos