Exporting multiple Features into one Geojson or Json file on ArcGIS

06-10-2019 08:44 AM
NguyenPhan
New Contributor II

Hello! 

I'm trying to exporting multiple features in one layer into a single Geojson or Json file to add as reference layer for Power BI but I only could do it for single feature (using Features into Json in Geoprocessing). Is anyone can help me how to solve this problem please? Or any suggestion of how we can import a reference layer of multiple features into Power BI is welcome! 

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
NguyenPhan
New Contributor II

Or I have selected multiple features that I want on the map but I'm still trying to figure out how I can export them all into one json features. Is there a possible way that I can do this? 

0 Kudos
LanNguyen1
New Contributor III

When you merge the selected features, it will create a multi-part feature/polygon. You can merge them under editing session or use Analysis/Merge which creates new feature class. The multipart polygon/feature is one object or record so it can only carry attribute(s) for one record. You cant have a multipart polygon that carries different attributes for different parts. If you just need the geometry of the selected features as reference layer in PBI then just export the multipart polygon to json.

NguyenPhan
New Contributor II

Thanks Lan Nguyen for the solution. This works out great when I could bring the faults and horizons onto the PBI. However, I could display them differently, in colors, to help the clients distinct them. Could you also suggest me if we can do this? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
LanNguyen1
New Contributor III

Hi, shame that I'm not Power BI user. However, as long as Power BI allows you to connect to ArcGIS online, you can prepare/publish your own basemap (with the legend/colours) in ArcGIS online and embed it to your PBI project. We use the same trick for other softwares/platforms as long as they support feature services from Arc online. Please share the outcome in case you find out. Thanks,

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-powerbi/get-started/access-arcgis-content.htm

NguyenPhan
New Contributor II

Hi! Thanks for great recommendation! I'm still working on it. Will keep everyone posted if I can find a solution for this. 

0 Kudos
ErikWebb2
New Contributor

Hi @NguyenPhan ,

Were you ever able to figure out a solution to this problem? Thank you.

-Rusty Webb

0 Kudos