Connecting data from PowerBI to ArcGIS Online

01-19-2024 05:15 AM
VojtěchAndrš
New Contributor II

Hello all,

is there any solution how to connect data from PowerBI to ArcGIS Online? I would like to use data of my colleagues in PowerBI without having to manually export the data from PowerBI and then load it into ArcGIS to have it updated.

Thank you!

Vojta

3 Replies
RodPBI
by
New Contributor III

Might need some clarification on this question.  The ArcGIS Visual for PowerBI allows PowerBI users to interact with data that resides in ArcGIS Enterprise or Online.   I don't know if ESRI provides a method to bring data from PowerBI to ArcGIS (I think not), however, if you have proper access to the data source you should be able to access the same data from both platforms (single source of truth).

0 Kudos
VojtěchAndrš
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply. Yes, the case is that I would like to interact (connect) with data residing in PowerBi. So far I was not able to find any easy solution to this.

Thank you
Vojta

0 Kudos
LeslieUK
Esri Contributor

Hi @VojtěchAndrš 

Currently I don't think what you are looking for is possible - that being to interact with data in a Power BI report in ArcGIS Online. However it yous need your users to interact with the data in ArcGIS Online specifically, potentially a workaround would be to publish the data to ArcGIS Online first and then bring it into the Power BI report as a reference layer so your Power BI users can then use it.

Just keep in mind the requirements for publishing with map enabled reports: Publish a map-enabled report to the web—ArcGIS for Microsoft 365 | Documentation

~Just trying to fix things~