Can we allow users to edit the drive time area in ArcGis visual (PowerBi) without enabling them to edit all the report ?

02-26-2020 04:13 AM
EmericBoulanger
New Contributor

I created a PowerBi report which uses the Arcgis Map in order to exploit the drive time function.

I would like to share it to my company, and people should be able to edit the report (ideally only the arcgis map) in order to set up the drive time function (changing the drive time for example).

The issue is that I would like people to be only allowed to edit the arcgis map (and not the whole report), so is it eventually possible to enable people to set up the drive time area in the arcgis map WITHOUT editing the map ?(for example a research toolbar out of the editing mode)

I know that I could share the report in a workspace, but the thing is that i don't want people to be able to download the report, i just want them to be able to change the drive time function.

My company also have an ESRI enterprise account, could that be helpful ?

Many thanks for your help 

1 Reply
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Emeric,

Thank you for reaching out. I've taken the liberty of testing your workflow and am following up with my findings. It appears that I can only conduct Drive Time analysis when editing the visual. Outside of this context, I am only able to drag the map around, zoom, and turn layer visibility off. This behavior still holds true when working with an enterprise connection, I'm afraid.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos