ArcMap Auto Zoom Broken when Filtering by Project Selection in a Table or Filter

07-08-2024 07:38 AM
JA92765
New Contributor

Before the update we had a map of projects which could be filtered by selecting a project name in a table. When selected the map would auto zoom in to the selected project on the map. Since the update however this appears to have broken. When a project is selected the base map zooms out to its maximum extent. Is anyone else having this issue?

I have recreated the maps from scratch and it is still happening. Projects are mapped by lat and long. 

Power BI Screen Grab.PNG

When a project is deselected the map returns to the view with all data points. 

Power BI Screen Grab v2.PNG

4 Replies
AlagiriVenkatachal
Esri Contributor

Hi @JA92765 ,

Could you please let me know if you are using ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise and if you are signed into the platform?

Is this a custom basemap that you have on the Esri Map visual? If so, what is the coordinate system of the basemap?

I have tried your workflow with an Esri visual that uses Lat and Long for the Power BI data on a Web Mercator map and a Table visual to use to filter the Esri visual. When selecting a single record from the table, the Map zooms to the location as expected and when un-selecting the selection, the Map returns to show all the datapoints on the Map.

Could you please try your steps using a Web Mercator map or with a standard table from the Vizualization pallette to see if we can narrow down the issue?

AlagiriVenkatachal_0-1720646364701.png

0 Kudos
JA92765
New Contributor

Could you please let me know if you are using ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise and if you are signed into the platform? ArcGIS Online and I am signed in.

Is this a custom basemap that you have on the Esri Map visual? If so, what is the coordinate system of the basemap? I have not added a custom basemap I have been using the default basemaps available. Unless the organisation loads those on? In which case I have no control over the basemaps. its this one I believe - https://cornwallcouncil.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=927ff05a8ae447bcbd46fe4f36b38e06

Normal table has the same issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
LydiaStekkinger
New Contributor III

A colleague of mine is experiencing the same issue. Using data from ArcGIS Enterprise, joined to Power BI table.

0 Kudos
Jbrand
by
New Contributor

I am experiencing this issue too. Has a workaround been identified? Is this a known defect? 

0 Kudos