ArcGIS Power BI - Join Layer is Not Showing

09-29-2021 09:11 AM
RezaSardari
New Contributor II

Hi @AnthonyLatini  @Anonymous User,

I have published GIS layer on ArcGIS Organization account. I tried to join the Power BI data attribute to GIS online layer in Power BI. However, the Join Feature is not showing here:

RezaSardari_2-1632931596098.png

The Join Layer in Power BI is also added in Fileds and this column also available in GIS layer

RezaSardari_3-1632931671492.png

The same type\info in ArcGIS Online layer

RezaSardari_4-1632931765878.png

The GIS layer is added\uploaded in Map Viewer in ArcGIS Online account. 

Thanks,

Reza

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Hey there @RezaSardari ! 

It looks like you are following the steps properly, but, as you stated, it doesn't appear! Is it possible to make this layer public so I can test it on my end? I won't need the data from your PBIX file to test this. I tested this on my end and I see the Join layer option. 

If you can make it public, I will just need the map ID. It'll make it easier to search. 

Lastly, what type of layer is this? I am wondering if there is a layer type that is obscuring the Join layer feature. 

Let me know what you see! 

AnthonyLatini_1-1632954405888.png

0 Kudos
RezaSardari
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interesting... the dialog says its a Feature Collection. We'll have to take a look at this, but I would try with a Service to see if there's a difference.

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@RezaSardari - I tried to look this up in our visual and I do not see it. As @Anonymous User mentioned, this might be because it is listed as a Feature Collection. If you try this on the Feature Service, does the Join layer appear? 

AnthonyLatini_0-1633651844494.png

0 Kudos
RezaSardari
New Contributor II

@AnthonyLatini  @Anonymous User  Thanks for checking. What is the best way\process to publish "Feature Service" without GIS Server? The current layer is added by "Add layer from file" in the Map viewer and then saved as a "Feature Layer".

RezaSardari_0-1633729756767.png

0 Kudos