ArcGIS for Power bi - zooms in too close

01-19-2022 04:56 PM
AlexL_QED
New Contributor II

Since the latest update of the ArcGIS maps to Power bi pulgin, I have had issue filtering a single point. The automatic zoom takes it way too close that when I filter or select data for a single point in powerbi. Very annoying  that I have to keep zooming out to show the context of the point.

Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.  Perhaps allowing a zoom level to be set in the extension would help. I don't want to lock the extent.

AlexL_QED_0-1642640080135.png

16 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It could be the basemap that is used is one of the raster tiled basemaps instead of vector basemaps. Try a different one and see if you're still seeing the no tile message.

I also think there's value in setting a zoom control to be farther out, but we'll have to explore how this would affect all the different scenarios customers have. I would consider logging this on the Idea's portion of the ArcGIS for Power BI community, so we can continue to collect information and use cases.

Cheers!

Andrew

0 Kudos
AlexL_QED
New Contributor II

Thanks, Yeah have tried different base maps and all does the same thing. It previously didn't zoom so close and was really good. I am looking at a school site level so around 1:2000-5000.  I will log this as an idea to be able to set the zoom level.  In the interim it might be better to have it zoom to 1:500-1000, not 1:<100. Even for asset locations this is close enough to differentiate.

Thanks for the reply

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't reproduce this within my reports, selecting data, or searching for a location.

Is this an older report that started working differently?

Have you tried to go in and change the basemap, to see if it happens with other basemaps?

0 Kudos
MarkWestergaard
New Contributor III

@Anonymous User I am experiencing this same behavior on new and older published reports. Tried several basemaps. It happens when selecting a location from a slicer or another visual (table or matrix), but not when clicking on the location within the map or searching on an address/place.

0 Kudos
QuintsShark
New Contributor

Hi, please may i re-iterate the issue highlighted by the others users above. The zoom for a single point appears to be at the maximum possible. This didn't happen previously.

MartinStromberger
New Contributor

Hi, i have the same problem  - filtering single point (lat, lon) zooms to close 

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Hello all! 

Hello there! My name is Anthony and I am a product engineer on the ArcGIS for Power BI visual. I was looking over this issue and I would like to help out if I can!

It looks as though this is a bug in our visual. I have used data on my machine and I can reproduce this issue. 

I have logged a bug in our project and I will reply to this thread once I know this has been resolved. I apologize in advance for any issues this is causing. Hang tight, we will get it sorted out!

I want to thank you all for reporting this issue! This helps us improve our visual and makes it better for everyone! 

GDonaldson
New Contributor II

Looking forward to an update on this one!

Llewellyn
New Contributor II

I have a similar issue except it is happening when a user uses the freeform address search input and it resolves to a specific street address. The client would like to be able to set a minimum zoom so that they would not need to zoom back out to see surrounding area centered on that point. Is this a related issue or by design?