Additional map features not showing in edit mode

Jump to solution
07-30-2020 01:58 PM
StephenM01
New Contributor III

I'm trying to add a reference layer to a map in Power BI, but when I edit the visualization I don't see the options across the top such as basemap, location type, map theme, symbol style, and reference layer. I've attached a screenshot showing what I see when I click edit.

Here's an example of the options I'm referring to: Create ArcGIS Maps for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Is there something I need to do to be able to access those options?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Geodata01Aveco
New Contributor II

I have figured out that the settings I searched for are not available in Edit mode, but in the new Author mode if you select the visual on the dashboard. It was a bit confusing, but the interface of these settings is changed recently: read the blogpost here

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Geodata01Aveco
New Contributor II

I have the same issue. It seems like there has been an update and now I don't have these options anymore. Would love to see them back.

0 Kudos
Geodata01Aveco
New Contributor II

I have figured out that the settings I searched for are not available in Edit mode, but in the new Author mode if you select the visual on the dashboard. It was a bit confusing, but the interface of these settings is changed recently: read the blogpost here

StephenM01
New Contributor III

Thanks, that explains it!

0 Kudos