ArcGIS for Power Automate: Get Geometry from a layer Question

Jump to solution
01-10-2022 06:00 AM
RudolfdeMunnik
New Contributor III

@SeanKMcGinnis, @Anonymous User 

Hi Sean, Andrew, Thank you for the blog post – exciting functionality. I just have two questions.
1. I started testing the ArcGIS Power Automate connectors, but realized that i require a “Premium” Power Automate subscription. I cannot use it like I can use Survey123 in the free Power Automate?

2. The method to connect to “Get Geometry from a layer”, Can i use any polygon, line or point feature services in my organization OR am i limited to the boundaries available from the “Location Types” in the ArcGIS for Power BI Visualizer, because i see that one of the mandatory “parameters” is “Search by Country”. Is there another way two bring in custom geometries?

Thank you

Rudolf de Munnik

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SeanKMcGinnis
Esri Contributor

Hello @RudolfdeMunnik , regarding your questions:

1. You are correct, the ArcGIS Connectors for Power Automate does require a Premium Power Automate subscription. For information on the products and regions the connectors are deployed in, please review the ArcGIS Connector documentation in the Microsoft docs.
  2. The "Get geometry from a layer" actions does allow you to get the geometry from the feature services in your organization and display it in Power BI.
-sean
Sean McGinnis - ArcGIS for Microsoft 365 Product Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SeanKMcGinnis
Esri Contributor

Hello @RudolfdeMunnik , regarding your questions:

1. You are correct, the ArcGIS Connectors for Power Automate does require a Premium Power Automate subscription. For information on the products and regions the connectors are deployed in, please review the ArcGIS Connector documentation in the Microsoft docs.
  2. The "Get geometry from a layer" actions does allow you to get the geometry from the feature services in your organization and display it in Power BI.
-sean
0 Kudos
RudolfdeMunnik
New Contributor III

Thank you @SeanKMcGinnis. I will first get my subscription upgraded (or use the 90 day trial). I can then test the "Get geometry from a layer". I still don't know why the "Country" should be a mandatory option. I will test.

0 Kudos
SeanKMcGinnis
Esri Contributor

You are welcome @RudolfdeMunnik - in rereading your message, I'd suggest you look at the "Get data from feature layer" action to get the geometry you are looking for.

The details can be found here.

-sean