ESRI maps for Office and Outlook

06-24-2012 11:55 PM
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

ESRI maps for Office is great product.
I think that an extesion for Microsoft Outlook could be developed in order to do the following:
1. Geocode Contacts
2. Contacts could be exported as shapefile or file geodatabase
3. Email by spatial query 
4. Attach maps in the email

6 Comments
BrianSapp
It would also be nice to add a map to a calendar appointment/meeting.
ChristopherBrown4
I would like to see some sort of integration with Appointments and calander items so that they can be geocoded and synchronised to an Operations Dashboard, so that Collector can be used as an appointment tool. I have written this idea as a separate one but it would work well here as well

https://c.na9.visual.force.com/apex/ideaView?id=087E00000004bvH&returnUrl=%2Fapex%2FideaList%3Fc%3D0...
BrianHaren
Our organization allows members to reserve conference spaces & rooms via Outlook. It's a large campus with over 100 'official' conference rooms. A manager recently stated that it would be nice if, when someone reserves a conference room a link to a web map is embedded in the Outlook invite that shows the locaion of the conference room. It would eliminate a lot of confusion.
ScottPrindle
Thank you for the comments sharing your use cases for this functionality. When voting for this idea, please consider commenting to share how this idea can benefit your organization, and what it would accomplish for your workflows.
LisaEshelman

it would be nice to have the ability to schedule a conference room and have a map attached to the invite as well as the ability to develop a mobile web application that allows you to go from the map and reserve a conference room

CharleyPalmer1

We use Outlook shared calendars to identify planned field trips and to reserve drones from our fleet. It would be awesome to be able to easily link this to an AGOL web map showing these locations. Unfortunately, even with instructions, data entry is inconsistent, so being able to control the entry fields with domains and drop-down lists would also be great.