Editing the geoportal server catalog

Jump to solution
02-28-2021 04:24 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to add another tab in the Metadata Editor. Basically, I am trying to add a tab somewhere here

NovicaJ_0-1614558300927.png

with two additional fields that will be saved. Can this be done?

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Marten
by
Occasional Contributor

myprofile is based on ISO 19115, but the same mechanism applies if you want to extend the ArcGIS metadata profile.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Marten, thank you for your time and effort. I'll accept the original response as the solution 🙂

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Marten,

I have two more questions. Sometimes but not always, when choosing the custom 'MyProfile', I get this error

Screenshot_1.png

Also, when I try to save the profile, I get this error

Screenshot_2.png

Am I missing some configuration like in the case of the metadata-editor?

0 Kudos
Marten
by
Occasional Contributor

Typically this means the framework cannot find one of those JS/HTML objects that define a piece of the editor. What helps me with troubleshooting this is to follow the network traffic in the browser developer tools. This error will typically be accompanied by an HTTP 404 error to some .js file in the editor definition tree. The request before that failed one is in most cases the file that makes a bad reference or is missing the reference.

When referencing an object in GXE you need to decide whether to reference the definition as included in the JS API or to reference your own in the GXE 'tree'. Referencing objects in the JS API means you don't need to go to all the details in that object. Think for example contact info (ISO - CI_Contact). If you're happy with how the JS API defines it, you can reference CI_Contact and automatically include the elements it is composed of by including something like this in your definition:

HTML template:

<div data-dojo-type="esri/dijit/metadata/form/iso/ObjectReference"
     data-dojo-props="target:'gmd:onlineResource',minOccurs:0, 
                      label:'${i18nIso.CI_Contact.onlineResource}'">
  <div data-dojo-type="esri/dijit/metadata/types/iso/gmd/citation/CI_OnlineResource">
  </div>
</div>

The key is the data-dojo-type attribute. That is the object reference in the JS API, recognizable with esri/dijit/metadata/types/iso as the path to the ISO definition in that JS API.

If you want to change one of the elements in CI_Contact, you would create a local copy of the element with the changes and then replace the reference to JS API with one to your local app: app/gxe/types/iso.

It is important to also look at the JS file corresponding to the object that references CI_Contact and update the reference there to the local one. CI_Contact is referenced for example in CI_ResponsibleParty. That reference could be to the default one in the JS API by including the full esri/dijit... path OR it could be a reference to you local customized version by including the app/gxe path or a relative path. Since CI_ResponsibleParty and CI_Contact are in the same folder, that relative reference would be ./CI_Contact.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I go to Network, there is only one item and when I go to preview, it says this:

NovicaJ_0-1615191060352.png

I was comparing the path in the interrogationRules to the ones above, but all is same, nothing stands out. 

0 Kudos
Marten
by
Occasional Contributor

Shall we organize a screen share session? Will be quicker than going back and forth guessing what steps you take. OR, if you can zip your profile directory and attach here?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

screen share works for me, would be a lot more educational rather than me uploading my files here 🙂

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Marten here's a LINK to the my catalog, hopefully someone can figure out what I am missing because I sure haven't figured it out yet. 

0 Kudos
Marten
by
Occasional Contributor

One additional note. The Geoportal Server will look at the metadata and based on some rules decide what is the best fitting profile. If you create a profile for example of ISO 19115, you will want to set the metadata standard/version to your profile. OR if you have additional elements you can test for those. 

In ...\geoportal\app\context\metadata-editor.js you will find the typeDefinitions. You added your custom profile here already. Look for the interrogationRules field in your custom profile and change its content to one or more paths, values, and must fields so that your profile is distinguished from other profiles.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
In ...\geoportal\app\context\metadata-editor.js, I added the custom profile like so
NovicaJ_0-1615498400357.png
When you say "you will want to set the metadata standard/version to your profile", do you mean I have to set the interrogationRules path to the local path of the custom profile? I don't quite understand that part 🙂
0 Kudos