Getting "Invalid client_id" when signing into Portal with AFA 400

09-03-2020 01:46 PM
JoshuaVan_Buskirk1
New Contributor II

Hello,

I just installed AFA 400 (previously used 370). I am trying to sign into my Portal Site (10.6.1). I am using AutoCAD 2019. The Sign in page recognizes my Portal and I can see all of my public services. But when I click Sign In in the upper right corner of the page I get "Invalid client_id Error: 400." I would like to try and fix this issue, but I do not know where to start. Any suggestions on how to diagnose the issue would be much appreciated. Thank you

Josh

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Randy_Garcia
Esri Contributor

Hi Josh,

The reason you are getting this error is because Portal versions before 10.7.1 do not have ArcGIS for AutoCAD registered automatically as an application. The solution is just a matter of letting your portal know that ArcGIS for AutoCAD is a trusted application. 

Follow the following steps (you will need to be a portal administrator):

Add an application to the portal

To add ArcGIS for AutoCAD as an application to your portal, complete the following steps:

Steps:
  1. Browse to your Enterprise portal contents page (https://(your portal)/portal/home/contents).
  2. Click Add Item.
  3. Click An Application on the extended menu.
  4. Set Type to Application.
  5. For Title, type ArcGIS for AutoCAD.
  6. For Tags, type ArcGIS for AutoCAD.

Retrieve the app ID

To get the app ID, complete the following steps:

Steps:
  1. On the ArcGIS for AutoCAD item page, click Settings.
  2. In the App Registration section, choose Registration Info.
  3. Note the value in the App ID section.

Change the app ID

To change the app ID, complete the following steps:

Steps:
  1. Browse to the portaladmin changeAppID page (https://(your portal)/portal/portaladmin/security/oauth/changeAppID).
  2. Enter the app ID from step 3 of the Retrieve the App ID section above in the App ID section of the web page.
  3. Type arcgisforautocad in the New App ID section of the web page.
  4. Click Change App ID.

ArcGIS for AutoCAD is now registered with your portal.

- Randy

JoshuaVan_Buskirk1
New Contributor II

Hello Randy,

That worked. Thank you for the info.

Josh

0 Kudos