Extract Data Task projection differs based on output file type selected (.dwg)

08-27-2015 01:08 PM
LinkElmore
New Contributor III

I have a gp "clip and ship" service based on the model in Arctoolbox/Server Tools/Data Extraction/Extract Data Task.  My ArcGISServer is at version 10.3.  The REST service is called from the Data Extract widget within our Flex viewer application (v. 3.7).

A user recently noticed that extracting data to the AutoCAD .dwg format produces a file with a projection in Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere (EPSG: 3857) while the same AOI and data layers extracted as Esri geodatabase or shapefile is extracted as State Plane Virginia South (EPSG: 2284).

This viewer and tool have been running without incident and frequently used for over two years and nobody has noticed this before.  We recently upgraded our ArcServer instance from 10.2 to 10.3.  Is anyone aware of a change to the Data Extract Task (model) or the script tool upon which it is based (Extract Data, in the same toolbox) that might explain this new behavior?  I suppose it is possible that this was never noticed but that seems unlikely.

Is it possible to somehow reference a .prj or .dwg "seed" file within this model?  I already had it configured to use the Spatial Reference string variable set to Same as Input so I'm unclear as to why this is not respected when outputting to .dwg but is for .shp and .gdb.  We have a large user base who prefer CAD as their spatial application so fixing the .dwg output to match our native data projection is a priority.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LinkElmore
New Contributor III

With the release of 10.4 this past week, I noticed that this tool was one that was updated, according to this. I can't find any Esri source (the tool documentation has not been updated) that details the changes and whether or not they did anything besides adding options for the Feature_Format parameter. 

I don't have a 10.4 installation to look into this myself.  Can anyone who does confirm whether the problem of a different spatial reference for .dwg output still exists?  Thanks.

0 Kudos