Can't Add Coordinate in Arcgis Plugin for Autocad

09-15-2022 06:43 AM
UğurcanGül
New Contributor III

The application gives an error when i try to add Coordinate System. What is the solution?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello Uğurcan,

I have never seen this issue before. I have a few questions:

1) Is this a brand new drawing?
2) Are we using build 420 of ArcGIS for AutoCAD.
3) What version of AutoCAD are we using?
4) Have you tried other drawings and or new drawings?
5) Please provide details of the drawing file you have in the provided screen capture.

Thank you,
Dan

0 Kudos
UğurcanGül
New Contributor III

Hi DanWade,
Thanks for answer.
I am trying to use this tool for the first time. Could it be a problem from me? Maybe i forgot something etc.
1) Yes
2) Im using the ArcGIS for AutoCAD 410.
3) AutoCAD 2023
4) I tried Tutorial drawings and new drawings. It doesnt work, i cant use anything with ArcGIS for AutoCAD. 
5) I'm just trying to add something from ArcGIS for AutoCAD but nothing is working...

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello Uğurcan,

I also use AutoCAD 2023 and a blank new drawing. I can use all the ArCGIS for AutoCAD tools as needed. I am sure you are stepping through adding the Coordinate System correctly, but here is the Online doc:

Set the coordinate system
https://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgis-for-autocad/#/Set_the_coordinate_system/061p0000000v0000...

Have you tried adding a web feature layer from an ArcGIS Online and or ArcGIS Enterprise organization? Adding this layer will also set the CS in the drawing, but I just want you to try this to see if we can or we are also having issues with this too. The online doc:

Add a web feature layer
https://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgis-for-autocad/#/Add_a_web_feature_layer/061p0000007v000000...

If you are having trouble with any of this as I think you mentioned nothing is working I suggest you call Esri Technical Support and open a case with them to take a deeper look in to this behavior. The Enterprise Ext Team is who supports this product. Please reach out as needed in our post here, but Support would be the next step.

Kind regards,
Dan

0 Kudos
Randy_Garcia
Esri Contributor

Hi Uğurcan, 

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue. Dan provided some good steps to try. 

Do any of our windows open? if you click "Add Data" does it also crash? 
Looking at this issue I think you might have a bad installation. I would recommend removing arcgis for autocad and try reinstalling. Let me know if that helps. 

0 Kudos