AutoCAD 2021 Ribbon appearance - Panels and Icons

Jump to solution
03-30-2021 01:00 PM
TuRK_182
New Contributor II

Weird question here, does ArcGIS for AutoCAD 400_1 work properly with AutoCAD 2021? I ask because in the ribbon I do not see ESRI Maps as noted in some videos on youtube. I believe they are using version 370.

Also, item on note is that I cannot go to ArcGIS portal for data.

I am new to the software. I recently had an introduction to ArcGIS Pro and quite interested in using software for my civil work

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TuRK_182
New Contributor II

we found the solution. While on AutoCAD's Knowledge page there is a list of websites which need to be whitelisted

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Randy_Garcia
Esri Contributor

Hi, ArcGIS for AutoCAD 400.1 should work fine on AutoCAD 2021. I have used it in my own testing and it has been fine. The Esri maps button was removed from Version 400 and now all those maps live within Add Data. In regard to the ArcGIS Online not showing any data, does your organization block ArcGIS Online at a network level? 

TuRK_182
New Contributor II

Thanks Randy for the clearing up the ArcGIS user interface for me. I know that certain websites are blocked in our office, not sure if ArcGIS is one of them. I can test using our guest network. 

0 Kudos
TuRK_182
New Contributor II

Randy, you hit the nail on the head. when I switched over to our guest network I am able to login to ArcGIS online and I am able to dee all kinds of maps. Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
TuRK_182
New Contributor II

Randy, what else could be blocking the access? My IT Manager claims that ArcGIS Online is not blocked. But something in AutoCAD may be blocking the access to ArcGIS Online

0 Kudos
Randy_Garcia
Esri Contributor

Are you able to access ArcGIS online when using Internet Explorer, using your network? 

0 Kudos
TuRK_182
New Contributor II

we found the solution. While on AutoCAD's Knowledge page there is a list of websites which need to be whitelisted

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

0 Kudos
Randy_Garcia
Esri Contributor

Super great find! Thanks for sending that link, I'm glad you were able to get this sorted. 

0 Kudos