ArcGIS For AutoCAD Product Roadmap

11-22-2018 08:58 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Don - is there a documented road map for updates to ArcGIS for AutoCAD and future releases with planned features and functionalities?

Thanks,

Dave

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
31 Replies
BaranDemir
New Contributor

Hello Don,

A colleague of mine has installed the most recent beta version of ArcgisForAutocad and there is an error whenever he wants to add a hosted feature layer through Data by URL. The following errors in the command line appear: does not support curves, does not support Zs

Any idea why this error is showing?

Kind regards,

Baran

0 Kudos
KarenHodge
Esri Contributor

Another gentle reminder that discussion of details about the beta should be limited to the beta forums, not done here.

In answer to your question, however, those are just notices, not errors.  When you publish an enterprise service, you choose whether or not the service supports curves or is Z aware.  In a hosted feature layer, curves are not supported.  

0 Kudos
MatthewDuffy
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Karen, got a link or a specific place where I can successfully post and get an answer to my standing question?  Looking to have AutoCAD folks consume our imagery from within their CAD session, is this still going to be accomplished with this release?  Honestly I thought this was an actual release and not a 'beta' release, but I'll work with it however, please just let me know where to go and I will, no sweat.

0 Kudos
Randy_Garcia
Esri Contributor

Matthew, you can find the link to the ArcGIS for AutoCAD Beta site here: ArcGIS for AutoCAD Beta  

After you sign up you will find a "user forum" link where you can ask questions to team in regards to the 400 Beta. 

KarenHodge
Esri Contributor

Matthew, I apologize.  I thought you were referring to the ArcGIS for AutoCAD beta and I now see that you're talking about the released version.  I don't have a ton of good news for you, but at least you'll know the answers.  In these answers, I'm talking about the current release, not the beta.

re:  WebMaps  No, ArcGIS for AutoCAD doesn't consume webmaps directly.  You can, however, add individual layers...if they are supported layers.  The layers you reference are not supported layer types.

re:  Tile Layers and Hosted Layers

The urls you provided to the constituent layers are what we would call "tile-only" layers.  ArcGIS for AutoCAD doesn't support those types of layers.  ArcGIS for AutoCAD does support dynamic map layers, and when publishing map layers to your enterprise server, you have options on whether to use fixed tiles or dynamic.  

To make it more complicated for you, the layers you mention are on ArcGIS Online, and the current release of ArcGIS for AutoCAD only supports layers from an enterprise server, not hosted on a portal. 

I hope this information more completely answers your question, although I know it really doesn't help you add these kinds of layers into AutoCAD.

0 Kudos
MatthewDuffy
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you Karen, but I was referring to release 400, I just didn't realize it was beta.  This release is what we've been asking about and waiting for and as I was told previously, users can access our posted imagery.  I am going to re-post my question to Don from the beta forum shortly.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
AustenPepper
New Contributor III

Hi, 

Any update on the release of build 400 out of beta? Looking forward to deploying this in my org.

0 Kudos
Randy_Garcia
Esri Contributor

Hi Austen,

The team is on the final legs of finishing up what we need to do to get the software out to release. Things can change, but I would expect it will be out by the end of this month.

AustenPepper
New Contributor III

Great to hear Randy! Is it possible to download it when ready via the My Org/Downloads tab in My Esri? Seems one of the few products I can't download there.

0 Kudos
Randy_Garcia
Esri Contributor

Good question. I am not sure about that. I will make sure we take a look and see if it makes sense for ArcGIS for AutoCAD to be in there.

0 Kudos