ArcGIS for AutoCAD (350) - Authentication Fails

Jump to solution
09-30-2015 07:46 AM
ShaunConway
Occasional Contributor II

We currently have multiple installations of ArcGIS for AutoCAD build 350 that we have set up to pull in services from our secure internal ArcGIS Server (10.2.2 with AD Authentication on the web tier). We haven't run into an issue until the last install where the user is unable to connect to the AGS. We've verified his credentials and tested his ability to connect to the rest endpoint in multiple web browsers. When setting up the connection to the AGS in AutoCAD (Civil 3D 2015), he is continuously prompted for credentials and authentication fails.

We have not had this issue with any of our other clients on identical machines (Windows 7 64bit).

Does anyone have any ideas? AD Authentication being successful in multiple browsers yet failing within AutoCAD leads me to believe its an AutoCAD setting or an issue with the extension. I've reinstalled the extension multiple times without any success.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Shaun

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShaunConway

A few years later and this issue popped up again with Build 370. This time I was able to stumble upon a solution. For this single use who was not being able to authenticate, we stripped the domain from his login name and it worked. All other users can only authenticate with domain included, but this one individual is the exception. For example, "domain\username" fails, but "username" authenticates correctly.

Hope this helps anyone who stumbles across the same issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
deleted-user-xAXv9N1cq5-e
New Contributor II

Hey Shaun,

Were you able to figure this issue out?  I am having problems accessing secured services as well.  I am not using AD but still cannot connect.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
ShaunConway

A few years later and this issue popped up again with Build 370. This time I was able to stumble upon a solution. For this single use who was not being able to authenticate, we stripped the domain from his login name and it worked. All other users can only authenticate with domain included, but this one individual is the exception. For example, "domain\username" fails, but "username" authenticates correctly.

Hope this helps anyone who stumbles across the same issue.

0 Kudos