UI Improvement for Multiple Portals

08-01-2022 02:07 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor

Similiar to what I see in ArcGIS Pro, give us the ability to set the Default Portal.  Currently, if I have a Portal login, the UI could be enhanced.  Seems like after the portal is added, I still need to go to the top right to login to the portal I just added, I should be able to set the portal after adding it and have A4A observe that login.

4 Comments
DanWade

Hello Ted,

When we are within the ArcGIS for AutoCAD's "Manage Portals" UI we can add new ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online connections. Once the new Organization has been added by entering the URL a new tile is added displaying the details. On this same tile we can click the blue "Sign In" button to sign in as well. In the image below a red box surrounds this blue button. We then see the green checkmark/circle indicating the connection is active. The blue button is also displaying "Sign Out".

AFA Manage PortalsAFA Manage Portals

If we then close the "Manage Portals" UI and click the blue "Sign In" button (this could be a blue profile button instead) in the upper right of the "Add Data" UI we can also see the list of available organizations and if they are active.

Blue sign in is displayed as profileBlue sign in is displayed as profile

The ability to set a default organization is a valid idea I have added to the AFA development board. This is an idea we want to do, just not in the immediate plans to implement.

Thank you for the idea.

Randy_Garcia
Status changed to: Already Offered

TedCronin

So Dan says we can consider the capability and Randy says its offered but we can see that it is not offered.  One of you is wrong, and we know its you Randy because the login experience on A4A is nothing like what we can do in Pro.  There is a need for UI improvements with this workflow.

islammohamed1

I tried to access the link to the Admin portal, but it did not specify what to do

islammohamed1_0-1700227032210.png