Filter the data to be displayed on the AutoCAD screen based on a value of an attribute of the element class

09-07-2022 09:01 AM
SeysDesarrollo1
New Contributor II

Incorporate a filter functionality to be able to display or load only the objects that meet a condition on the AutoCAD screen

Tags (1)
3 Comments
JohnBlackmore

This would be great!  Filtering ANY layer by attributes would be extremely helpful for us!!  We create many additional services for our CAD users so they are seeing the most recent / current data when there is a need to keep the historic features.

Eg. We are a mining company and have a feature layer of our permits, with and attribute of the created / edited dates and when changes are made.  Permits on a mine site change sometimes annually, and we need to keep a record of what it "used to be".  In pro / webmaps, its easy to view the current permit by filtering out older permits by date.  Our CAD users load the same layer, and have 6 permits on displaying in their CAD map.  We have gotten around this by publishing an additional service of the "active" permits.  

DanWade

Hello,

Apologies on the delay in answering your post. I remember reading this and thought it had been answered. Thanks for using ArcGIS for AutoCAD!

AFA already has a few ways to accomplish what I believe to understand you are asking for. First there is an AutoLISP routine, esri_webfeaturelayer_add (AutoLISP), allowing the user to add a Web Feature Layer with a definition query to filter the features that are added to the drawing session.

Another option would be to use the "Select features by attributes" item from the Esri Contents pane found from right-clicking the Web Feature Layers.

MichaelDavidsonPM
Status changed to: Closed

Hello, 

To build upon Dan's response from 01-20-2023, the Add Data by URL dialog can also be used to add a Web Feature Layer with a definition query to filter the features added to the drawing session. Given this and the options Dan pointed out on 01-20-2023, we're shifting this item to Closed. Thanks for posting this idea!