Select to view content in your preferred language

Original 3DR SiteScan Solo? Can we still use them?

05-05-2022 02:44 PM
jdadams-usgs
New Contributor

Hi SiteScan Fans ...

We here at the Department of the Interior, USGS, have a few of the original 3DR SiteScan Solos with the Sony camera.

Is it possible to still use these?

I have tried connecting the latest SiteScan for ArcGIS iOS app to one of these Solos but no luck yet. Only DJI aircraft appear in the drop down list. The opening screen of the app still refers to connecting to the Sololink WiFi.

Thank you.

Joe Adams

https://uas.usgs.gov

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Hi Joe, 

Support for the 3DR Solo in the Flight app was retired in 2020. Your options are to use Ardupilot Mission Planner or search online for a very old version of Android Site Scan (keep in mind that this has would not been maintained or tested for several years).

Support for the Freefly Astro is coming soon though! 

Regards,
Nico 

0 Kudos
jdadams-usgs
New Contributor

Thank you very much for the quick reply Nico. I am glad you are still here taking care of us.

Do you know ... will Ardupilot Mission Planner trigger the Sony camera and operate the SiteScan gimbal to point the camera NADIR? We would love to be able to use Mission Planner.

Thank you again.

Joe

0 Kudos
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Hi Joe, 

Sorry, I'm not sure. All the code has been made available publicly and taken over over by the open-source community. You'll need to search the forums to see if someone has created a solution for this. 

0 Kudos