Where is the "Zoom" button ?

10-13-2021 03:42 AM
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Coming from Collector there was a "zoom to" feature button when a feature was selected.

I cannot find it on "ArcGIS Field Maps" app. Did I miss anything ?

It's very annoying because I notice that most of the time it would zoom automatically to selected feature but it does not work all the time (specially when the map is rotated and is no longer north oriented) so this button was really usefull !

Thanks,

Nicolas

Tags (1)
8 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@NicolasGIS can you send an example of this zoom to button you're referring to? I've just checked on Collector in both iOS and Android and can't see this feature?

I have checked on both Collector and Field Maps in both platforms, and can confirm that clicking on any layer in the Map Layers will zoom to the extent of all layers. And clicking on a feature and then selecting the edit tool will pan to centre the feature in the middle of the screen, regardless of compass rotation, on both Apps.

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

Hi @David_Brooks,

Thanks for your reply. Here is the button I am talking about:

NicolasGIS_0-1634126362160.png

Thanks for the trick of the edit tool but it would not work on readonly feature

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@NicolasGIS sorry, i can't workout where this is in the UI. Are you using Collector Classic, or the latest version? And iOS or Android?

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

It's classic. Did not have the time to test the new Collector that ArcGIS Field Maps was already out 🙂

Snapshot is from IOS but it's available on both IOS and android once you have an entity/feature selected.

On IOS there is a rectangle with an arrow to have more option.

On android, it's a small triangle at the bottom right corner

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

Ahhh I see. I haven't used Classic for a few years so had to reinstall and have found it. Yes that isn't available in Collector or Field Maps. So i would add an idea to the community and get some upvotes.

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
embrown_cdphe
New Contributor

What's the best way to 'add this to the community" ? Should this be a new post? I'm working in Field Apps currently and a zoom in/out (plus/minus) would be very helpful. Seems like an oversight to not have it. The only way to zoom on the Chromebooks we are using is to pinch or expand your fingers on the mouse pad. 

0 Kudos
embrown_cdphe
New Contributor

I realize this is an old post by now, but I'm recently working in Field Maps, and designed in Field Maps Designer. There is not zoom in / out (plus/minus) in Field Maps and it would be very helpful for the users. Currently our only option for zooming is to pinch / expand fingers on mouse pad, which is tricky sometimes. Thanks.

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@embrown_cdphe best to create an idea and we can upvote

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos