Where are photo attachments saved on iOS devices?

Jump to solution
12-31-2021 02:26 PM
josh_is_fine
New Contributor III

I would like to access the photos I took in Field Maps. I took photos with my phone, but a few of the points they were attached to never synced correctly. I cannot find the photos in any device folders, even the camera roll. Where is the directory in which the photos are saved? How can I access the original photos?

Thanks!

iPhone SE
iOS: 15.1
Field Maps: 21.4.0 607

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

It appears as if it stores them as attachments in one of the offline geodatabases in the Field Maps folder.

Can follow this to copy the geodatabase(s) to your computer and access the attachments with Pro.

R_

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Same thing in 123 they are stored in the folder of the app.  What I do is install Google Photos and let it find all images on my tablet.  Then I can see them all in one spot.  Hope that helps

0 Kudos
josh_is_fine
New Contributor III

The only content I can see in the Field Maps folder is a JSON file. Google Photos only looks at the camera roll and albums, there is no option to have it search device folders. 

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

It appears as if it stores them as attachments in one of the offline geodatabases in the Field Maps folder.

Can follow this to copy the geodatabase(s) to your computer and access the attachments with Pro.

R_

josh_is_fine
New Contributor III

This looks like the best answer. I guess photos won't be stored in some staging folder or in DCIM like on Android. This is great info, I appreciate it!

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

In testing, I noticed there can be multiple geodatabases there.  One for the map layers (non editable), and TWO  for the editable dataset.  One of editable dataset geodatabases is the offline data that was transferred to your device, the "other" one is the add/dels/etc. that have not been synced yet.

So, if you don't see your new points/images, make sure to check the "other" geodatabase(s) in the folder.

R_

josh_is_fine
New Contributor III

Very nice! thanks!

0 Kudos