Select to view content in your preferred language

What does this value mean in Map Areas (offline) for field maps

03-04-2024 01:56 AM
colinB
by
New Contributor

colinB_0-1709546105875.png

As the title suggests... Can't find anything online. Is it file size? Amount of features? If it is, this number feels very big as I only have about 50 small point features in this webmap.

Every time I create a map area it just says Packaging, and then Failed - I am wondering if this number is related or not? ANy other advice on why it keeps failing to package?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @colinB 

I believe that this value is related to the file size of the offline area being made as you can see it is equal to the definition file being created, if your offline as you can see from the screenshot below of a successful offline area the total values of the created files add up to that at the top. 

DanielFox1_0-1709809178893.png

There are number of reasons why your map might be failing, please start with this documentation to check your data is ready for offline use: Prepare maps for download—ArcGIS Field Maps | Documentation

Ensure that your layers have:

1. Global IDs

2. Sync enabled

3. At least one layer is editable

4. Basemap

5. Same coordinate system between the basemap and data 

These are the starting points for offline, if your issue persists I would raise a support ticket with your distributor to investigate more. 

0 Kudos