Select to view content in your preferred language

View filter not honored in Field Maps offline map area after sync

Jump to solution
12-08-2023 01:23 PM
JosephRhodes2
Frequent Contributor

I have a web map with five hosted feature layer views (all pulling from the same parent) representing different inspection statuses (pending, in progress, completed, etc.). This map is being used for offline field collection using map areas defined on the web map item.

When edits are made to the inspection status and the offline area is synced on the device, the hosted feature layer view filter apparently fails to apply to exclude the previous value. For example, when changing from "pending" to "completed", points show for both statuses:

Before edit, we have one feature at this location with status "pending":

IMG_2315.PNG

After changing the status to "completed" and syncing the offline map area, we now have two points at the same location, showing both statuses: 

IMG_2316.PNG

Any ideas how to resolve?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think this is due to record's can be added to a offline replica but are not usually taken out since that would fire as a delete.  I have this issue in SDE replication also.  In the end I changed how I did it.

Have you tried the new built in filters for Field Maps?  We pushed for years to get them and they are new.  It allows for on the fly fitters in the app.

I cannot find the help page on it but see here   https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-ideas/filter-data-in-field-maps/idi-p/1172111 

Not as ideal maybe but it should work.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think this is due to record's can be added to a offline replica but are not usually taken out since that would fire as a delete.  I have this issue in SDE replication also.  In the end I changed how I did it.

Have you tried the new built in filters for Field Maps?  We pushed for years to get them and they are new.  It allows for on the fly fitters in the app.

I cannot find the help page on it but see here   https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-ideas/filter-data-in-field-maps/idi-p/1172111 

Not as ideal maybe but it should work.

JosephRhodes2
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Doug. I think the filters might be our best option here.

From my testing, the only way to make the views in the offline area match the web map again is to update the map area, then have the user delete the map area from their device and re-download -- not ideal for workers in the field.

I appreciate your help.