Select to view content in your preferred language

Unsuccessful at getting Z-Value in Feet

Jump to solution
12-31-2020 06:53 PM
SheldonBina2
Emerging Contributor

Hello-

I am using Field Maps connected to a Leica GG04 GNSS Receiver.  I have created an expression using Geometry($feature).Z in my Web Map and also created an Elevation field and calculated geometry using the Point Z-Coordinate Property in ArcGIS Pro.  The value I get is the correct Mean Sea Level elevation, but it is in meters.  I am using the Geoid18 model and have the vertical coordinate system set as NAVD88 (height) (ftUS) in my feature layer, and have settings set to US Feet in the Leica Zeno Connect App.  I'm not sure if my workflow is complete or is this a limitation of collecting Z-Values in Field Maps?  Any guidance/assistance is appreciated.

Thank You!

21 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

for comparison, has anyone tried the option of similar workflow with ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1/Windows 11 tough-book/tough-tablet in the field for on-the-fly (no back office post-processing) horizontal state-plane feet and NAVD88 vertical (Ortho-metric Height in feet)?

0 Kudos
Nick_Creedon
Regular Contributor

I have setup a profile in field maps and set my GNSS Coordinate System, Map Coordinate System and Datum Transformation and my Z values were still coming out in meters. 

I created a web map projected in my local state plane and my layers are also in a local state plane.

My antenna is a trimble R2 usings our local VRS

I did notice I had my "Units" under general settings set to "AUTO" I changed that and need to try it again.

In field maps, you can see the location accuracy of the antenna, if you click that you get more detailed location accuracy. In there I see my elevation in FT but once I brought it into pro the underlying Z data was in meters.

I am curious if other have had any success?

0 Kudos