Unable to Take "View-Only" Maps off Field Maps?

01-15-2021 01:48 PM
ChangNi1
New Contributor III

Hello,

We are having trouble taking some maps off Field Maps. The maps involved have no editable layers - only tile layers apart from basemap, so there is no "use in Collector/Field Maps" selection in the settings page (see picture below) we can uncheck. However, similar maps created earlier last year does not have the issue.

We appreciate any suggestions that might help us find the cause and/or solve the issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlixPower
Esri Contributor

Hi @ChangNi1,

I am sorry you are having this issue. The owner of the map should have the option to uncheck "Use in ArcGIS Field Maps Mobile" even if there are no editable layers. Just to confirm does the owner of the map not have the option in the map setting to uncheck "Use in ArcGIS Field Maps Mobile"?

Thanks,

Alix

0 Kudos
ChangNi1
New Contributor III

Yes. As the owner of most of these maps I can confirm that. Also this morning I made a similar map using tile layers only, and it popped up again in Field Maps with no means to take it off.

Thanks,

Chang

0 Kudos
AlixPower
Esri Contributor

Hi Chang,

That is very strange but I will figure it out. Is there anyway you could share one of your maps with me to the user arcgisfieldmaps?

Thanks,

Alix

0 Kudos
ChangNi1
New Contributor III

I have set up a temporary group with a demo map for the purpose and sent an invitation to the user arcgisfieldmaps to join.

Thanks,

Chang

0 Kudos
AlixPower
Esri Contributor

HI Chang, 

Thanks for sharing your data! I was wondering if your web is in ArcGIS Online or a Portal, and if it is in a portal what version the portal is?

Thanks,

Alix

0 Kudos
ChangNi1
New Contributor III

We use ArcGIS Online.

Thanks,

Chang

0 Kudos
AlixPower
Esri Contributor

Hi Chang, 

When you shared the map the layer was not shared, is there anyway you would be able to share the layer with the user arcgisfieldmaps too?

We have tested your map with just the basemap and we determined it is a bug. I have logged the bug to be fixed for future updates. A workaround you can use until the update comes out is to open the map in AGO Assistant (https://ago-assistant.esri.com/) and add FieldMapsDisabled as typeKeywords to the map. If that does not work or you would like some more documentation on exactly how to do that please let me know. 

Sorry again you are having this issue,

Alix

0 Kudos
ChangNi1
New Contributor III

Oops. Didn't notice about the layer. It's shared to the group now. Sorry about that. I'll look into the ago-assistant you suggested.

Thanks,

Chang

0 Kudos
ChangNi1
New Contributor III

Hi Alix,

I have tried using AGO Assistant and it worked perfectly! Thanks for suggesting this workaround - really saved us a lot of cluttering in Field Maps.

For whoever else with the same issue (and myself in case I forget how to do it):

AGO Assistant 1.png

• Select the map to take off Field Maps. Its JSON will open in a pane on the right.
  • Select "Edit JSON" (pen icon in top right corner). Under "typeKeywords" add "FieldMapsDisabled".

AGO Assistant 2.png

• Save and close. The map will disappear from Field Maps after refreshing.

Is it possible to know when the bug will be fixed? @AlixPower 

Thanks again!