Unable to submit Geodatabase item not found

05-19-2022 07:14 AM
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Unable to submit error encountered when submitting a point. The error message includes (see attached):

com.esri.arcgisruntime.ArcGISRuntimeException: Geodatabase item no found.: The following features where nto found: [169]

We use the Collector App instead because we do not encounter the issue there. What could be causing the issue in Field Maps?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi Phess and Andrew. Yes, the issue seems to be more prevalent in Android devices. I vaguely remember that, though I cannot seem to reproduce it anymore, it also happened in my iOS/iPhone device. I still get the issue, so team is using the Collector App for now.

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Just an update on this. I worked with an ESRI engineer who pointed to an existing bug where the error appears if values entered while editing are different to a filter set to the layer. Here are the tests I performed:

Test 1: The layer has a filter based on specific field-values (completion date is blank, status is Active) which field-staff change based on their field-work. Here, field staff attached a photo, added completion date, and changed status from active to complete. This gave the submission error maybe because the values the field-staff inputted "violated" the layer's filter parameter.

Test 2: Same map as above, but only this time, do not change any of the field-values but only attach a photo. The record successfully submitted.

So, it looks like if the user changes the value of a field which is contrary to the values specifically used in a filter, then submission fails.

I was informed that the fix could be in the Fall/Winter release, but may be as soon as the next release. Existing bug is BUG-000146691.
0 Kudos