Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to submit Geodatabase item not found

05-19-2022 07:14 AM
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Unable to submit error encountered when submitting a point. The error message includes (see attached):

com.esri.arcgisruntime.ArcGISRuntimeException: Geodatabase item no found.: The following features where nto found: [169]

We use the Collector App instead because we do not encounter the issue there. What could be causing the issue in Field Maps?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi Phess and Andrew. Yes, the issue seems to be more prevalent in Android devices. I vaguely remember that, though I cannot seem to reproduce it anymore, it also happened in my iOS/iPhone device. I still get the issue, so team is using the Collector App for now.

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Just an update on this. I worked with an ESRI engineer who pointed to an existing bug where the error appears if values entered while editing are different to a filter set to the layer. Here are the tests I performed:

Test 1: The layer has a filter based on specific field-values (completion date is blank, status is Active) which field-staff change based on their field-work. Here, field staff attached a photo, added completion date, and changed status from active to complete. This gave the submission error maybe because the values the field-staff inputted "violated" the layer's filter parameter.

Test 2: Same map as above, but only this time, do not change any of the field-values but only attach a photo. The record successfully submitted.

So, it looks like if the user changes the value of a field which is contrary to the values specifically used in a filter, then submission fails.

I was informed that the fix could be in the Fall/Winter release, but may be as soon as the next release. Existing bug is BUG-000146691.
0 Kudos
JoabelBarbieri
Occasional Contributor II

This excuse to use iOS instead of Android is absurd. Esri should know that 90% of the world uses only Android. iOS is only widely used in the US. If they are prioritizing only the domestic market, we should seek an alternative company that will actually treat all their customers equally.

PS: I have no filters on and it won't work in either iOS or Android. Time for ESRI to assume this is a big bug!

0 Kudos