Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to Open Mobile Map Package MMPK in Field Maps 24.1.0 Build 1055

03-01-2024 09:11 AM
WillyLynch3
New Contributor II

Using ArcGIS Pro 3.2.2, I created a Mobile Map Package (MMPK).  It can be opened in ArcGIS Pro without issue. 

However, when shared to a mobile device it fails to open in ArcGIS Field Maps (24.1.0 Build 1055) with message:  “Unable to Open  Required client version (13.2) is higher than ArcGIS Runtime supports (13.0)”

Anyone else have similar issues?  Data sourced mostly from hosted feature services. 

7 Replies
WillyLynch3
New Contributor II

Seemed like a strange issue.... so submitted a support ticket to Esri.  Learned this is a bug-- BUG-000164501: When accessing a hosted feature layer with a date field in ArcGIS Pro 3.2, an asterisk was added to the date field name, causing a failure to load the layer in Field Maps for created mobile map packages.

If you use map packages generated with ArcGIS Pro 3.2, be aware.  A fix is under review.

MatthewStull1
Occasional Contributor II

Yea, the new data field type in 3.2 is a big reason to be very careful when upgrading to 3.2.  We've held off on that upgrade just for that reason.

BarryReno
New Contributor

Hi, I am having this same issue. Did you end up finding a fix?

0 Kudos
MatthewStull1
Occasional Contributor II

Did you make sure you were using the most recent version of the Field Maps app?

0 Kudos
WillyLynch3
New Contributor II

Yes, when originally identified, used ArcGIS Pro 3.2.2  and Field Maps 24.1.0 as "current" versions.  Now using curerent/newest versions of Field Maps 24.1.1 and making the MMPK with ArcGIS Pro 3.3 and still get the same error on attempting to open the MMPK on mobile device--  “Unable to Open  Required client version (13.2) is higher than ArcGIS Runtime supports (13.0)”   Only option is to use an older version of ArcGIS Pro (v3.1.x) to create the MMPK.  Ouch. 

TravisSizemore
Occasional Contributor

I am seeing this exact error during sync on Field Maps, with no MMPK attached to the feature service. The data hasn't been edited by Pro with greater than 3.1 to my knowledge. Anyone find any solutions? We can't sync the data. 

0 Kudos
WillyLynch3
New Contributor II

Per your post, Solved: Sync error: "Required client version (13.2) is hig... - Esri Community, I see your issue was resolved with a simple app sign out and sign back in-- good for you.   For me, the MMPK issue remains with the newest JUNE 2024 release of Field Maps- 24.2.0 Build 1067 on iOS.   Solution offered was to not use data with date/time fields (not possible with field collection data) or use ArcGIS Pro 3.1 to generate the ArcGIS Runtime 13.0 compatible MMPK files (not a very viable solution).  Hopefully the Road Map for Field Maps will someday include support for ArcGIS Runtime 13.2 as per current ArcGIS Pro 3.3!  Other suggestions or comments most welcome. 

0 Kudos