TPKs Disappear at Certain Tiling Levels after latest Field Maps Update

04-01-2022 11:29 AM
FMBAdmin
New Contributor III

Since the Field Maps iOS update on 3/28/2022, it appears an old bug has made its way back for our users with tpk basemaps. 

We run custom NAIP tile packages and now when a user zooms in past the tiling level, the basemap goes white. This issue was fixed awhile ago as I can zoom in past the tiling level no problem in Field Maps 21.4.0, but when I updated to 22.1.0, the issue is back on iPhones and iPads. 

I have told our users to hold off on updating if possible, but many have auto-updates installed. Can this be fixed again in a future version of Field Maps? 

10 Replies
AW_Grove
Occasional Contributor

We are also seeing this issue since the update on our streaming (non-offline) maps. @HaleySiebert - tagging you since this is also related to the FM update last week. This is not essential functionality for us, but does mean the map becomes a schematic at a certain zoom level which is less helpful.

AW_Grove
Occasional Contributor

We are not seeing this issue with sideloaded basemaps 

0 Kudos
FMBAdmin
New Contributor III

This is happening with our sideloaded NAIP tpk basemap, doesn't happen with the Topo or USFS ones. However, this was occurring in an earlier version of Field Maps, it was fixed, and now it's back with the latest update. Sorry I don't know the specific version it was fixed in. Not a deal breaker, but very inconvenient for our users who zoom in on the imagery quite a bit, especially since it worked before and there is no way to revert Field Maps versions in iOS as far as I can tell. 

kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @FMBAdmin ,

We are now seeing this too with side loaded imagery .tpkx when a user presses the '+' sign it zooms in to white past the level tiling level. We have never had an issue with this in Field Maps and its the same .tpkx. Hopefully this bug can be fixed again?  Thanks for posting on this I wouldn't have realized this was from an update. Thanks, Kathy

jacarson
New Contributor

Hopefully the issue gets fixed soon. Basically has made any chance of detailed drawing impossible. Data input is already 60% slower w/ field maps when compared to drawing w/ Collector.....this is just another red X. 

spaull
by
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue.  The background TPK disappears in Field Maps when I zoom in.  I'm not sure when this problem began (I haven't been using Field Maps much lately).  The field season is about to begin and I need to be able to zoom in on our TPKs to do my work.  The same TPK file works fine in Collector.    

A-Will-3
New Contributor II

We are noticing that TPK basemaps going "white" when zooming in past some level of detail too.  I had not figured out that it might be related to a ESRI Field Maps update but we don't recall it happening in Collector.  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

With my sideloaded basemaps,  I have noticed this also with TPK's.  However, my tpkx files are still resampling as normal and show at all zoom scales.

R_

0 Kudos
CanterburyMaps
New Contributor

Hi Guys, 

We are going through the same issues too, same TPK works with no trouble in ArcGIS Collector but is disappearing at a certain zoom level in Field Maps. Have these issues been resolved? 

Is anyone from the Field Maps team from Esri ?